How do I record gameplay?

I tried using fraps, but a single game of league of legends even at half size was 179gb in total. How do I record it with commentary?

The settings in Fraps are 30fps, half size. 'loop buffer length' is 30 seconds.

I can't simply use lol replay because I want to record other games as well.

So my only option is to essentially waste ~150gb of hard drive space until I encode it? Meaning No way in hell can I play and record multiple consecutive games?

So my only option is to essentially waste ~150gb of hard drive space until I encode it? Meaning No way in hell can I play and record multiple consecutive games?

that's why you buy extra hard-drives or a couple externals

heck 1TB drives are less than $100 anymore

well use the half-size settings or use an app that would encode on the fly, burning up CPU on encoding... it does it lossless so it doesn't have to use CPU cycles to encode while you game.

Yeh use MSI afterburner. It's a great utility for overclocking but it includes video recording that is best in the game IMO

It'll record raw video with less performance impact than FRAPS, and in video settings if you select MPEG compression and maybe limit framerate and quality it'll make your files pretty small as it records.

Check it out. If your serious about recording a dedicated 1TB or more hardrive would be handy.