Ditching windows 8 for a mac

Hi,

before i start, I was a windows fan(even used ie8 hardcore) about a year ago but now!!!!???

Windows 8 is boring. I was torn between w8 and mac a month ago. thanks to neowin i am totally switching to mac.

thought about win surface but end up buying Nexus 10(btw, awesome device. surface wont even come anywhere close.) and now planning to buy mac book pro

I was at Apple store 2 days ago to check out mac for purchase and I saw a lady who came to buy mac.

she asked apple store employee "what version of windows does it run?"

I laughed so hard but i realized she is just a noob.

Apple employee said windows is made by MS and mac runs on osx made by apple. fair enough!!!!

then she said oh thats good because i hate windows 8. i was surprised to see a total noob say "I hate windows 8"

now, back to topic. I need an alternative to some applications on windows.

peerblock - block by ip and website

puresync -- for data backup

tag & rename -- mp3 tag rename

any suggestions???

peerblock - No Idea, probably somone out here knows better.

puresync -- Time Machine app inbuilt in MAC OS, IMO there is no other software that could beat this.

tag & rename -- iTunes.

I don't know if peerblock is supported anymore. There are open projects out and about, but most I know of have shut down. The reason is because authorities are now allowed to grab IPs of those who have downloaded goodies. (A privacy law used to protect users, but it's different these days.)

SYNK claims to backup and sync for the Mac.

Sbooth's Tag may work for MP3 tag and rename.

The biggest annoyance with Mac OS X is window management (no Aero Snap, Dock/Mission Control are slow to work with), and that only one application's menu bar is visible at a time.

If you're only running a few apps at a time and not continually switching between them, then OS X might be okay. If you're a power user, you'll quickly notice its limitations (unless your in the category of iSheep).

I personally think you'll be back on Windows in a week or two. Windows is perfect.

• Like 2