New clothing line will make you invisible to drones

New York artist and designer named Adam Harvey came up with the new gear.

The Items are made from special metal fibers that reflect heat. That makes it harder for drones to spot anyone through thermal surveillance. In order to make the items more comfortable Harvey is lining them with silk.

Harvey said he was inspired to make the clothes after he bought a thermal camera and began experimenting on what would block the heat signature. Along with designer Johanna Bloomfield and her company Primitive London they have begun to market the clothes.

The items are already getting some attention and orders from people working in Afghanistan.

The clothes aren?t necessarily stylish and they certainly aren?t cheap. A hoodie will set you back $487.45.

source

Problem is, your head emits the most amount of heat on your body, so unless they include a hat, not going to help much.

The clothes aren?t necessarily stylish and they certainly aren?t cheap. A hoodie will set you back $487.45.

Problem is, your head emits the most amount of heat on your body, so unless they include a hat, not going to help much.

post-37120-0-79328300-1362680617.jpg

Actually I believe that is just a myth. The part of your body that emits the most heat is whatever has the most exposed skin, which is likely your arms or legs.

Actually I believe that is just a myth. The part of your body that emits the most heat is whatever has the most exposed skin, which is likely your arms or legs.

Well, for those of us who shave our heads close, it we would differ. :)

Normally if my feet/head are cold...the rest of my body is as well.

the good one should emit the same thermal signatures as its surrounding, not more not less.

that would be the ambient temperature, and a well isolated temperature neutral piece of clothing will be at ambient temperature, your body will not.