Age of Empires II HD arriving April 9

The only major perk is the ability to run this thing on a triple head.

6vsno4p.jpg

• Like 1

If people are getting this running perfectly, I am not sure how... the forums and everyone around seems to be having trouble - and the devs acknowledged some that they are already working on (which means they are launching with the known bugs, sheesh).

The HD in this is laughable, and some textures look worse, believe it or not.

THe farm looks worse

Just play the original on voobly.com its free

The userpatch pretty much fixed every known bug, plus vooby has high resolution support, multi monitor support and others.

Just play the original on voobly.com its free

The userpatch pretty much fixed every known bug, plus vooby has high resolution support, multi monitor support and others.

IIRC, Voobly has an annual fee for their high res support.

The only major perk is the ability to run this thing on a triple head.

6vsno4p.jpg

WOAH...

lol...

It was reserved for Silver Membership and up users. Trust me, I bought a Silver Membership in order to experience it; It wasn't previously available to a "Normal" member while playing a ranked game.

They are feeling the heat from Steam. I'm sure they've noticed a good percentage loss of their AoE memberbase in the past few weeks.

Now don't get me wrong I'm super excited about this release and pre-ordered it as soon as I heard about it. I do however have numerous nitpicks:

- They didn't collaborate with the modding community at all, and AoE2 has evolved a lot with this community throughout the years. UserPatch and Forgotten Empires offer many important bugfixes and content updates, none of which are present in AoE2:HD. As a result, players have to choose between a game that has Steam integration and one that's actually improved over the original, rather than having both. Contrast this with the approach Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition took and which is unambiguously a better game than the original.

- I hope this is fixed soon, but in the meantime the game has severe performance issues. The mouse randomly stops responding in the menus, and the framerate in-game feels jerky.

- Many report connectivity issues and desyncs.

• 2 weeks later...

How does single player work? Do the same classic cheat codes still work as well?

Think so, in some pre-release trailer they had the classic gun car on the map.

Now don't get me wrong I'm super excited about this release and pre-ordered it as soon as I heard about it. I do however have numerous nitpicks:

- They didn't collaborate with the modding community at all, and AoE2 has evolved a lot with this community throughout the years. UserPatch and Forgotten Empires offer many important bugfixes and content updates, none of which are present in AoE2:HD. As a result, players have to choose between a game that has Steam integration and one that's actually improved over the original, rather than having both. Contrast this with the approach Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition took and which is unambiguously a better game than the original.

- I hope this is fixed soon, but in the meantime the game has severe performance issues. The mouse randomly stops responding in the menus, and the framerate in-game feels jerky.

- Many report connectivity issues and desyncs.

There is meant to be a patch coming by the end of the week to fix a lot of performance issues: http://steamcommunity.com/app/221380/discussions/1/828936718633144719/

Patch came out earlier today.

Interesting. It's not showing up on my Steam page as there being any update(s). Are you talking about the beta patch?

Agreed. I'll be a little disappointed if they remove the cheat that spawns Shelby Cobras. :D

post-420821-0-15003700-1366800482.png

• Like 2