aoe steam

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:51

Now don't get me wrong I'm super excited about this release and pre-ordered it as soon as I heard about it. I do however have numerous nitpicks:

- They didn't collaborate with the modding community at all, and AoE2 has evolved a lot with this community throughout the years. UserPatch and Forgotten Empires offer many important bugfixes and content updates, none of which are present in AoE2:HD. As a result, players have to choose between a game that has Steam integration and one that's actually improved over the original, rather than having both. Contrast this with the approach Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition took and which is unambiguously a better game than the original.
- I hope this is fixed soon, but in the meantime the game has severe performance issues. The mouse randomly stops responding in the menus, and the framerate in-game feels jerky.
- Many report connectivity issues and desyncs.

#62 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 April 2013 - 15:37

This remake is ****. I actually use my old AoE II disks with AoE II Forgotten Empires mod, works better, and looks better than this cash in tat.

#63 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 23 April 2013 - 15:41

How does single player work? Do the same classic cheat codes still work as well?

AoE II Forgotten Empires mod

??

#64 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 23 April 2013 - 21:14

How does single player work? Do the same classic cheat codes still work as well?

Think so, in some pre-release trailer they had the classic gun car on the map.

#65 watchthisspace

watchthisspace

Cheese Grator

• Phone: iPhone

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:40

Now don't get me wrong I'm super excited about this release and pre-ordered it as soon as I heard about it. I do however have numerous nitpicks:

- They didn't collaborate with the modding community at all, and AoE2 has evolved a lot with this community throughout the years. UserPatch and Forgotten Empires offer many important bugfixes and content updates, none of which are present in AoE2:HD. As a result, players have to choose between a game that has Steam integration and one that's actually improved over the original, rather than having both. Contrast this with the approach Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition took and which is unambiguously a better game than the original.
- I hope this is fixed soon, but in the meantime the game has severe performance issues. The mouse randomly stops responding in the menus, and the framerate in-game feels jerky.
- Many report connectivity issues and desyncs.

There is meant to be a patch coming by the end of the week to fix a lot of performance issues: http://steamcommunit...36718633144719/

#66 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900 / Oneplus One

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:03

There is meant to be a patch coming by the end of the week to fix a lot of performance issues: http://steamcommunit...36718633144719/

Patch came out earlier today.

#67 watchthisspace

watchthisspace

Cheese Grator

• Phone: iPhone

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:40

Patch came out earlier today.

Interesting. It's not showing up on my Steam page as there being any update(s). Are you talking about the beta patch?

#68 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:48

Agreed. I'll be a little disappointed if they remove the cheat that spawns Shelby Cobras. :D

Capture.PNG