"In a fast moving world

I?ve been thinking a lot lately. About everything. The business. Our "craft" and the economics and sustainability of what we do as creatives in this ever changing world. But that?s for a later post perhaps, and I always tend to think too much anyway?

Sometimes the best things in life are simple. Trying to keep things simple or "basic" in our technology-driven times seems to be getting more difficult every year, if not by the minute.

In this case it was a "Cheap Camera" challenge that lead me to shoot with a Canon A2E, a Lens Baby lens, and two rolls of film ? the subject of the video below.

Source: http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2013/03/07/always-remember-to-take-your-time-in-a-fast-moving-world/

It's an interesting read and an interesting video, showing that patience pays off. :)

Yeah, "cheap" $200 dollar lens :p that's what the average consumer pays for a point and shoot i'd guess.

He does have a point, we don't think as much as we did before. I will say this, I bought I think 6 36 exposure rolls, just cause I knew I was going to ruin a couple out of 216 shots and did so a couple of times it wasn't until after developing that I saw my mistakes and eventually all my shots came out decent ( in auto mode at least). Heck I don't even remember the brand, I remember the body was something along like this ( SLR!!!)

Edit: found it:!!! One of first ever cameras that got me to shoot like crazy just cause of the weird form:

4908726398_f1910aca46.jpg

6805089130_3a0fc28df4_z.jpg

4482384768_b2405b22c3_o.jpg

Can't remember the exact model, but it was one of those!

Even though the lens is cheap, the point is it isn't a traditional lens, and especially in his field, this is very cheap in comparison to most tilt-shift lenses available today.

The pictures were added at the end of the video, just as if you were out shooting and had to wait for it to be developed. :)