No more Xbox live Family pack?

I have finally got round to "trying to" sign up for the Xbox live Family pack only to be told by MS chat person it is no longer available???

MS Chat person advised he received an email advising him of this 2 days ago.

Surely it can be true?

Hmm.. it does seem like they've removed it... that sucks. Mine won't try to renew until December so I won't know what happens with an existing subscription until then.

My xbox family account renewed, Feb. 27th. Just got off the phone, they have a deal xbox w/250 hardrive 99$ with 2 year contract for xbox live at 14.99 month. I called to get one, then in a week upgrade to the family plan again. I was told that they have stopped xbox family packages. However, I have been a family member for over two years.So I was grandfathered in. The customer support woman was very chatty. Being nice she said I had a good idea, however, no more family packages as of yesterday,(maybe day before) so if I canceled my mebership even for a day I would not be able to get back on a family package. According to her, they have not said what they were doing yet. So ether they are removing family packs, approx 25$ each for family of 4, to singles at 50$ each. If so I have a good deal ;). With my bad luck, it will probably a great deal (for NEW subscribers only, and I have already paid for a year .LOL) Side note did the math, " so 14.99 for 12 mo plust 99$ for xbox 250g hd, 460 pls tax. 2 yr live account $100 new xbox 250g 250 to 300, so take high side, 300 + 100= 400, so doesnt seem like a good deal, unless you dont have the 400, then 115 to get you started and basicly paying of the other 300 in monthly payment plans. heck . At 14.99 per month your paying $180 dollars a year! For one person! i think I'll stay grand fathered in my family package as many years as I can.