Umm... okay?

Okay. I don't get it. I'm not trying to insult the staff here or anything so lets get that clear. The staff does an amazing job on Neowin of cleaning up and junking unneeded posts. But they keep junking my posts.

I post something like "Go get Windows 7 and save yourself the money and get a used car instead of buying a Mac". Well I know people here likes Apple and stuff but I'm one of those guys who don't. I'm just stating the plain fact. Honestly, is this forum all about opinions now or what? I mean when do facts come into play? It's not like I'm exaggerating by saying go buy a Windows 7 computer and buy a house or something. It's the truth that Macs are expensive and I'm just trying to bring out the facts to people here. If they don't like it, then that's fine with me. It doesn't bother me. Plus, I'm not insulting Apple or anything by saying that. So I don't get it...

to be fair, i know exactly which topic you're talking about from yesterday and that topic was just a cluster **** in general

most of the posts from that thread got deleted then the thread locked all together

ya, people would call that trolling. Personally I love reading those sort of comments because for reasons i'll never full understand it always offends someone.

which is funny because it's just stating facts. you could buy a good windows computer and office pro plus and still save money over buying a macbook pro
  • Like 2

You are posting opinion, NOT fact! That you believe Win7 + Car is cheaper than a Mac of similar specs is an opinion. I could argue the flipside just as well

Hence

Trolling

to be fair, i know exactly which topic you're talking about from yesterday and that topic was just a cluster **** in general

most of the posts from that thread got deleted then the thread locked all together

which is funny because it's just stating facts. you could buy a good windows computer and office pro plus and still save money over buying a macbook pro

Back in 2011, I got a like new

HP ProBook 6450B Off eBay

14inch

i5 2.4ghz

3GB ram

and to my surprise a 80GB Intel SSD

For $399

225766-hp-probook-6450b.jpg

Still works. It sits behind my monitor on my desk with the lid closed. It's my Quickbooks computer, I just Remote Desktop into. From all my computers.

You are posting opinion, NOT fact! That you believe Win7 + Car is cheaper than a Mac of similar specs is an opinion. I could argue the flipside just as well

Hence

Trolling

it's called slight exaggeration

it's not a new concept, and i wouldn't exactly consider it trolling unless the person was doing it constantly and trying to get angry results which i doubt from eddie

Back in 2011, I got a like new

HP ProBook 6450B Off eBay

14inch

i5 2.4ghz

3GB ram

and to my surprise a 80GB Intel SSD

For $399

225766-hp-probook-6450b.jpg

case and point. eddie's statement may be a little exaggerated but it's not exactly wrong

Hence

Trolling

Agreed. A house is not $1,299 (base iMac) or $599 (base Mac Mini)......so how is "Get Windows 7 and buy a car/house" a post with "facts"?

"Trolling" is a portmanteau for "truth rolling".

As for OP's comment: Windows 7 boxed is around 100? and you can buy a used car for less than 500?... it's still cheaper than a Mac.

Agreed. A house is not $1,299 (base iMac) or $599 (base Mac Mini)......so how is "Get Windows 7 and buy a car/house" a post with "facts"?

What do you mean it's not a fact? It's a fact that with that money, instead of buying a Mac, you can get that.

Putting things like "I hate Apple / Apple sucks." in your signature and having an "anti" apple logo as your avatar will most likely destroy any credibility and respect anyone will have for you on this site. You will most likely not be taken serious ,and considered a troll.

And I'm not trolling at all. I just don't get it. Probably all those butthurt Apple skids reporting Apple hate posts.

What do you mean it's not a fact? It's a fact that with that money, instead of buying a Mac, you can get that.

You are talking absolute crap!

Based on their incendiary nature, I understand a quick trigger finger by mods on the following:

• Mac vs. PC (even after all these years)
  • Xbox vs. PS3
  • Hardcore race issues gone awry

Windows 8 v Windows 7 hasn't quite risen to those levels.

Feel free to show me an all-in-one Win7 machine with the build quality, OS and software suite and similar specced as an entry iMac. Then show this car (a car actually worth buying of course - I could buy junk for ?500) that you'd buy with the change. Sorry, but if you believe that buying a car alone that values the same as an iMac is a wise financial investment, then it truly is not me who is dumb!

People like you take things too seriously. Loosen up a bit.

You don't get to use that argument when you throw around words like "fact"...

You came across so nicely and reasonably in your original post, but then your signature rather defeats the purpose. It's as though--this is purely an example, I'm using something I haven't much opinion on--I had an inflammatory, anti-Obama image in my signature and then posted a "calm, reasonable" manner in a political discussion. You are saying one thing, but passive-aggressively saying another.

I think on one hand you have a point--people get entirely too sensitive and defensive about brands and companies (why? oh, for the love of Medusa, why?) and that needs to stop. One should be able to calmly, rationally, and logically discuss the pros and cons of tech-related brands and companies on this site. But first, all the emotional words like "love", "hate", and all the heated bickering has got to stop. And until then, unfortunately, we have to keep putting out little fires before they turn into massive, out-of-control blazes.

Gsus... please read the OP again.

Sorry, I misread where you said "I am exaggerating". It still does not make it a fact if you get a Windows 7 computer and can buy even a car with the change. Maybe if you get a $200 Dell computer. But that cannot be compared to the high performance macs.

Sorry, I misread where you said "I am exaggerating". It still does not make it a fact if you get a Windows 7 computer and can buy even a car with the change. Maybe if you get a $200 Dell computer. But that cannot be compared to the high performance macs.

Macbook Air 11" = ~$1000

I get a laptop with W7 on it = $700-800

Used car on Craigslist = $200-300

Macbook Air 11" = ~$1000

I get a laptop with W7 on it = $700-800

Used car on Craigslist = $200-300

Well that car will be reliable!

+ whatever is wrong with it to put such a low price tag on it. Bad transmission? Those are not cheap.

Seriously, Who would buy a car on Craigslist at such a low price? There is probably a really good reason it is that low. You would trust your life for a $200-300 car? It will probably fall apart in a week!

A post that pretty much states "Lol don't buy a Mac buy Windows and use the change on something else" is pretty much an extended way of saying "Mac sux Windows rulez"

Generally those are flame bait, and don't exactly help with discussion since they crop up in advice threads on either problems or decisions for purchases. Hence why they were removed.

• Like 2