suggestion question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#16 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 07 March 2013 - 23:42

Feel free to show me an all-in-one Win7 machine with the build quality, OS and software suite and similar specced as an entry iMac. Then show this car (a car actually worth buying of course - I could buy junk for £500) that you'd buy with the change. Sorry, but if you believe that buying a car alone that values the same as an iMac is a wise financial investment, then it truly is not me who is dumb!

People like you take things too seriously. Loosen up a bit.

You don't get to use that argument when you throw around words like "fact"...

#17 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 March 2013 - 23:42

So instead of buying a $1,299 iMac, I can buy a house with that SAME amount?

#18 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

Posted 07 March 2013 - 23:44

Yup, apparently that's a FACT... Even though he has an OPINION, what he says is FACT... LOL

#19 OP Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• Phone: 1-800-CALL-ME-MAYBE

Gsus... please read the OP again.

#20 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

You came across so nicely and reasonably in your original post, but then your signature rather defeats the purpose. It's as though--this is purely an example, I'm using something I haven't much opinion on--I had an inflammatory, anti-Obama image in my signature and then posted a "calm, reasonable" manner in a political discussion. You are saying one thing, but passive-aggressively saying another.

I think on one hand you have a point--people get entirely too sensitive and defensive about brands and companies (why? oh, for the love of Medusa, why?) and that needs to stop. One should be able to calmly, rationally, and logically discuss the pros and cons of tech-related brands and companies on this site. But first, all the emotional words like "love", "hate", and all the heated bickering has got to stop. And until then, unfortunately, we have to keep putting out little fires before they turn into massive, out-of-control blazes.

#21 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 March 2013 - 23:54

Gsus... please read the OP again.

Sorry, I misread where you said "I am exaggerating". It still does not make it a fact if you get a Windows 7 computer and can buy even a car with the change. Maybe if you get a $200 Dell computer. But that cannot be compared to the high performance macs.

#22 OP Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

Posted 07 March 2013 - 23:58

Sorry, I misread where you said "I am exaggerating". It still does not make it a fact if you get a Windows 7 computer and can buy even a car with the change. Maybe if you get a $200 Dell computer. But that cannot be compared to the high performance macs.

Macbook Air 11" = ~$1000

I get a laptop with W7 on it = $700-800
Used car on Craigslist = $200-300

#23 COKid

COKid

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 March 2013 - 00:07

Been to Detroit lately?

#24 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 March 2013 - 00:11

Macbook Air 11" = ~$1000

I get a laptop with W7 on it = $700-800
Used car on Craigslist = $200-300

Well that car will be reliable!

+ whatever is wrong with it to put such a low price tag on it. Bad transmission? Those are not cheap.

Seriously, Who would buy a car on Craigslist at such a low price? There is probably a really good reason it is that low. You would trust your life for a $200-300 car? It will probably fall apart in a week!

#25 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: HTC One S

Posted 08 March 2013 - 00:14

A post that pretty much states "Lol don't buy a Mac buy Windows and use the change on something else" is pretty much an extended way of saying "Mac sux Windows rulez"

Generally those are flame bait, and don't exactly help with discussion since they crop up in advice threads on either problems or decisions for purchases. Hence why they were removed.

#26 OP Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

Posted 08 March 2013 - 00:16

Well that car will be reliable!

+ whatever is wrong with it to put such a low price tag on it. Bad transmission? Those are not cheap.

Seriously, Who would buy a car on Craigslist at such a low price? There is probably a really good reason it is that low. You would trust your life for a $200-300 car? It will probably fall apart in a week!

I never said how good the quality of the car is. I never went into specifics.

#27 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

Posted 08 March 2013 - 00:37

Just did...

I post something like "Go get Windows 7 and save yourself the money and get a used car instead of buying a Mac"

Well that is an opinion, or maybe even advice. It is in no way, shape or form a fact. You have not posted any facts here.

I never said how good the quality of the car is. I never went into specifics.

So, your suggestion is to buy a crap car...

Sorry, idiotic!

And do I know what a fact is? Yes. You don't. You posted an obviously opinionated suggestion and called it a fact!

#28 KSib

KSib

Wut

Posted 08 March 2013 - 00:41

I'm starting to see why your threads get deleted. There's nothing but dribble here. I hope you're not surprised that they are being removed.

#29 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 March 2013 - 00:45

I just don't get it.

No offense, but that is why your posts keep disappearing.

#30 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 08 March 2013 - 00:48

If you cannot grasp how any statements you make regarding Apple, wether they are opinion, fact or otherwise, when your signature clearly states "I Hate Apple / Apple Sucks" (looks like you edited it) are not going to be taken seriously, but could alss be construed as you pushing your own personal agenda even further, I think you are clearly not recognizing how the written word in fact has impact and meaning.

You are more then free to share your so called facts on Apple, which I will not even bother to point out why they are indeed not facts, but when you do share them, do not expect anyone to take anything you say as anything more or anything less than a clearly biased statement on a company who you clearly have negative feelings towards.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!