Syfy's 'Helix'

Gets canceled in 3...2...1.

**** should have hit the fan in the 2nd episode. But instead they are already putting in filler like they did with Stargate universe.

Don't get me wrong this show looks interesting, but its definitely not like how they portrait it in the trailer.

The preview for next week looks promising though.

It's Syfy. They are not going to cancel it. Warehouse 13 and Lost Girl have been on for ages, and they are not nearly as good as this.

It's Syfy. They are not going to cancel it. Warehouse 13 and Lost Girl have been on for ages, and they are not nearly as good as this.

Never watched Lost Girl, but I must respectfully disagree regarding Warehouse 13. But to each their own :)
She could cure me of any disease :P

Saw the third episode. It gets better. Good ending.

Have to agree, Episode 3 is much better :)

Saw the third episode. It gets better. Good ending.

Yeah I just marathoned them really good...I am also jumping on Jordan bandwagon :p

I think Lost Girl is a Canada produced show and SyFi just pays to re-air it.  Where as Warehouse 13 (last season coming up) was produced by SyFy themselves same with Helix.

So far the two episode was pretty good; only time will tell.

I think Lost Girl is a Canada produced show and SyFi just pays to re-air it.

It is indeed Canadian, and it's awesome!

Going to watch the first three episodes of Helix tonight. Very eager after all these comments about it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone catch episode 4?

I thought it was okay, but felt a bit slow. But then again, considering this show's plot, I suppose I'm going to have to deal with some filler drama in each episode.

Nevertheless, I still enjoyed the episode.

Oh and Jordan Hayes :wub:

It seems like a good show, but I am annoyed. Usually I watch an entire season after it has aired to avoid many cliffhangers, but not with Helix. Too many questions presented in each episode without adequate answers. It makes me remember why I stopped watching shows as they air...

Another good, albeit slow at times, episode. I'm still really enjoying it.

I still can't figure out how this show can survive past one season unless the virus spreads outside the compound.

Alot of progress this week!

Yes it was, definitely the best episode yet. Even so, there's still a lot more questions being asked than answered right now. With only 13 episodes in a season, I think they need to start answering some of these big questions that's nagging us.

Looking at the ratings, I'm concerned that this show might not get a second season (episode 1 had 1.89 million viewers, while White Room fell to 1.13 million viewers)  :/

Considering how few people even here seem to be interested in the show, I don't have high hopes unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

Me three!

It is a fun show. One thing I am a bit frustrated with is the lack of answers. We're eight episodes in and we still don't have that many answers. But things are starting to unfold though.

I'm still watching and enjoying the show but the dumb decisions of some of the characters was really taking the immersion out of earlier episodes for me.  Some of the over-arching story line aspects were also a little clich? and predictable.