Simpsons movie sequel 'not a priority'

ustv_the_simpsons_2.jpg

Matt Groening has revealed that a sequel to The Simpsons Movie is "not a priority".

The animator explained that the 2007 film "killed" his team and that there are no concrete plans for a follow-up on the big screen.

"It took us four years [to make] and it killed us," Groening said at UCLA's annual entertainment symposium on Saturday (March 9).

He said that the film "stole animators from the show" and that it limited their ongoing TV series on Fox.

Producer and director David Silverman added: "Maybe another 10, 15 years."

Speaking at the hour-long keynote speech, Groening also spoke about the reasons behind the success and longevity of The Simpsons.

"We were in the right place at the right time," he said of the show's launch in 1989. "We've got 400 or 500 characters, and about 50 per episode."

http://www.digitalsp...t-groening.html

Good news, personally. I haven't watched the Simpsons in years now, it's just lost something for me.

I have found the current series quite good after a few years away from not watching

Good news, personally. I haven't watched the Simpsons in years now, it's just lost something for me.

So that justifies depriving it from the many many millions who still enjoy it ?

I love the Simpsons and Futurama! I hope they continue to make new episodes! I can never get sick of watching any of them! Movie is not necessary as long as they continue to make new episodes!

So that justifies depriving it from the many many millions who still enjoy it ?

I think you missed the bit where I said, "personally." If others still enjoy it then fine, but I personally would not watch it.