• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,354 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 11 March 2013 - 15:26

I blame a lot but not all on the prior generations, parents who didn't teach their kids, the value of hardwork and blame the spoiled kids who didn't listen or refused to learn.

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentence.

I always thought of the TSA as more of a Visual for people to think they were being protected just to make people feel good rather than an actual solution to a problem.

TSA is the security theater all the way. They aren't designed to solve problems or preventing anything.

#17 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• 7,963 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 11 March 2013 - 15:53

The phrase is "security theater". It gives the feeling of security while not actually doing anything to make you more secure.

I'd never heard of that phrase before. It seems to sum up the situation of airport security very well.

#18 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• 9,633 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 11 March 2013 - 17:08

The TSA is a joke. They've failed almost every single one of their federal inspections, the most recent one being 2 days ago where a federal agent managed to get a fake bomb past TSA. I've seen people with switchblades get through security without any issues too.

Another funny thing, the previous director of the TSA had links to RapiScan systems. Guess what major change happened to US airports when he was in charge? Oh full body scanners from RapiScan.

#19 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,478 posts
  • Phone: Motorola Moto G

Posted 11 March 2013 - 17:31

TSA was a nightmare the last time I flew. I waited in line for 20 minutes while they patted down the family with kids (2 adults 2 kids) in front of me.

Edit: Woot! 1,800 post and 460 likes!

#20 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:06

The TSA is a joke.

More like a nightmare.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!