Surface Phone

Yeah because you can't be fit without BT 4 and some overpriced gadgets.....

If BT 4 is going to bring a tide of people with poor assumptions and high opinions of their fitness then I hope its not supported.

Don't be offended Osiris, it was an offensive reply to an offensive comment to an offensive fanatical member who stinks every thread he participates in.

Now addressing the content of your reply, yeah, it would bring lots of runners that use those devices around the world on Android and iPhone if that is important to them. It's the current Bluetooth standard and should be supported now, if only in the highest end phones. To have another major phone without it is not good. There are many things people want that aren't on WP. There's no magic, if they had all people want the share would grow faster.

I want everything Windows, but with some of the things lacking, I just can't stay. Developers want their products on Windows Phone and just can't get the support or good answers from MS as to why not. I've spoken to them. One of them think it's something architecturally with the platform and it can't.

As for aptX that one's trickier since there's a small license fee from CSR. Though its cheap enough to be in $7 nano USB BT 4.0 adapters. It would have been fantastic if it was in MS' default Bluetooth 4.0 stack for Win 8 as I prefer that always. CD quality sound over Bluetooth is a wonderful thing and one of many reasons I just went to the One X+ 64GB.

Don't be offended Osiris, it was an offensive reply to an offensive comment to an offensive fanatical member who stinks every thread he participates in.

Unlike yours mine wasn't offensive or ignorant

Unfortunately the lesson those designs get scratched to easily.

If it's made out of the same material as the surface tablets (magnesium), then it should be fairly scratch-proof.

• Like 2

Maybe... I'm not sure how realistic this would be, but my one Android affair was the original Sprint HTC EVO (for 6 months, then I returned to Windows Phone!). The EVO had a kickstand on the back, and it was a nice feature to have. The newer EVO LTE has one as well, but it seems the kickstand will be going away since the ONE will be coming to all carriers with no modifications.

Maybe the Surface Phone could have a kickstand akin to the Surface tablet? It could be the bottom section of the back that flaps open so it can stand in either portrait or landscape mode. While it may not be EXTREMELY useful to have the phone in portrait standing, it's still a nice option I think... it could be useful in certain situations I suppose.

What do you think? Am I a loon for wondering about a kickstand?

Unfortunately the lesson those designs get scratched to easily.

:s Drunk post?

I'm guessing that you've never handled a Surface before as they don't scratch easily.

Cool look. Is it me, or does the phone look a little thick?

How can you tell whether it is thick or thin when there are no dimensions?

How can you tell whether it is thick or thin when there are no dimensions?

I said it looks thick, not that it is. I was also asking if it was just me or does it look that way to anyone else.

Cool design and I wasnt knocking it at all.

this is getting a bit off topic now, but i just don't understand the whole super thin phone trend.

you'd rather have a really thin phone with a crappy battery then a slightly thicker phone that can last a couple days or so?

this is getting a bit off topic now, but i just don't understand the whole super thin phone trend.

you'd rather have a really thin phone with a crappy battery then a slightly thicker phone that can last a couple days or so?

I dont care either, unless it is really thick and makes it hard to fit in the pocket. Was just an observation

A phone thick enough to last a couple days is a phone too big to carry.

I want a 4-4.3" format, <4.3oz and no more than 10mm thick true iPhone hardware competitor (great IPS/AMOLED screen, above average front/rear cams, etc).

Cool look. Is it me, or does the phone look a little thick?

I think not having a tapered back makes it look thick.

If it's made out of the same material as the surface tablets (magnesium), then it should be fairly scratch-proof.

fairly scratch proof is not good enough for a lens/lens cover. the micro scratches e can't see on a screen severely affects picture quality on a lens cover.

:s Drunk post?

I'm guessing that you've never handled a Surface before as they don't scratch easily.

no ipad, it likes to randomly ignore key presses and make up it's own mind what to replace it with.

and it was supposed to be "the lens on". or rather lens cover. as I said, it doesn't matter if they don't scratch easy, they do get micro scratches relatively easily, and while you can't see them, the camera can.

fairly scratch proof is not good enough for a lens/lens cover. the micro scratches e can't see on a screen severely affects picture quality on a lens cover.

I assumed you were talking about the phone itself rather than the lens cover. I've never had a phone with a scratched lens cover. Most are indented so it's pretty hard to scratch it from everyday use.

most don't have a lens cover that is flush with the surface. I think I can remember one phone that was designed that way and they never did it again, and all the ones I saw of that phone was scratched up.

and yes, most are indented, this one isn't, that was my point.

• 2 weeks later...

most don't have a lens cover that is flush with the surface. I think I can remember one phone that was designed that way and they never did it again, and all the ones I saw of that phone was scratched up.

and yes, most are indented, this one isn't, that was my point.

I was reading an article and watching a video about sapphire crystal screens for smartphones. Right now, it's only used for ultra high-end "bling" phones like the Vertu Ti. Sapphire crystal is also used in the iPhone 5's lens cover and it's incredibly scratch resistant. The only thing that can scratch it is a diamond. If Microsoft wanted to make a high-end flagship Windows Phone device, then they could use a lens cover made of sapphire crystal.