Photo

Need assistance on choosing a 27' Monitor

35 replies to this topic

#31 Pam14160

Pam14160

Lee

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:41

No one in there right mind will use a LED TV as a monitor or either a Large Monitor... especially with the 1080p resolution... but no one needs a bigger monitor then 27 - 30" for there computer unless you demonstrating something like a Company like Microsoft for Xbox or PlayStation showing off the latest games for there new consoles. or demonstrating anything else., and plus you want a higher resolution for there's large displays or it will look way too big and won't look right. and no one needs a large display at this time I will recommended either a 27 - 30" LED monitor and please don't use a television. for a monitor it just isn't right.

Oh Boy. . .here is one those individuals who is smarter then anyone else. Get a life. It just shows how small of person you are my come on a website and jacking someone up. It this sounds as if I am angry it is because I am. Belittling someone just to show off your intelligences has the tendency to bring out someones defenses. . . BTW have a nice day. :angry:

#32 +goretsky

goretsky

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:23

Hello,

As someone who does not do any graphics or video work, I really couldn't justify spending $700 or so on a monitor. For me, the big draw is that the higer resolution allows me to display more text on the screen. This is the first display I've owned since the SONY SDM-HX93 I got in 2004 that displays more than 1200 pixels vertically (it was a 1600×1200 display).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Yeah saw that ASUS as well, too expensive right now ��

Thnx

#33 +goretsky

goretsky

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:36

Hello,

Just to follow up, almost exactly two years later, the backlight on the monitor starting flickering on and off very rapidly.  I thought this might possibly be an issue with a driver update (but there haven't been any recently) and the problem continued even if I disconnected the monitor from the computer (i.e., just when the monitor was displaying its logo screen).

I turned the unit off, and went to unplug the external power supply from the monitor.  The latter was very hot--too hot to hold comfortably--and had a burnt smell coming from it.

I contacted Micro Center chat via tech support, and they'd like for me to bring the monitor to the nearest store (~2 hour drive one way) for a technician to look at.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hello,

I just purchased a 1440p display, an EQD Corp. Auria EQ276W. This is a 27" WQHD (2560×1440) IPS LED LCD display.

It cost about $400USD plus taxes from Micro Center. Here's the page for it on their web site: EQ276W 27" IPS LED Monitor

The first unit I picked up had two stuck pixels so I returned it. The store let me hook up the replacement to one of their bench test PCs and I verified it had no dead or stuck pixels. I would recommend doing this with any monitor purchase before leaving the store.

This was about $250 less than the next two cheapest WQHD monitors I could find, ASUS' PB278Q and Hewlett-Packard's ZR2740w.

Advantages: very bright IPS LED LCD display. inexpensive
Disadvantages: potential stuck pixels, concerns about the longevity of the manufacturer (I'd never heard of EQD Corp. before I started researching WQHD displays).
Neutral: monitor base is simple, physical control buttons require a lot of force, but once you set the monitor up you're not too likely to change these

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

#34 +TruckWEB

TruckWEB

Yeah, I did that...

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 26 March 2015 - 16:32

You get what you pay for...  Who is EQD Corp Auria??  You would have been better with a good ASUS 1080p.

#35 +goretsky

goretsky

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:08

Hello,

EQD Corporation is a company which makes monitors and audio accessories.  Auria is the brand name for their line of monitors.  Links to both are in the preceding article.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

You get what you pay for...  Who is EQD Corp Auria??  You would have been better with a good ASUS 1080p.

#36 +goretsky

goretsky

Neowinian Senior

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:56

Hello,

Update:  I received a replacement power supply for the EQD Corp. Auria EQ276W that I ordered on eBay last week, plugged it in and... I'm back up and running.

I was actually using an ASUS PB278Q in the meantime.  As far as I could tell, it has the exact same panel as the EQ276W.  I will admit the ASUS has a better stand and OSD than the Auria, but once you've got the monitor set up, I don't think that is as much of an issue.

While 1080 is nice for watching movies, I really do like the 2560×1440 (or higher resolution) for reading and writing.  I'm actually thinking about going to a 3840×2160 on my next upgrade cycle.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky