Kaspersky for Mac & Safari

So trying to have a safer Internet experience, I installed Kaspersky for Mac. So far, it has no impact on the general performance of the Mac (MBPr 8GB Ram mid 2012). However, Safari is slow.... very, very slow. As soon as I disable Kaspersky, it is fast again.

Anyone experienced this before? And if yes, any idea how to resolve such issue? I am not a fan of Chrome on Mac since it seems to be a bit sluggish especially when you scroll.

Thanks!

So trying to have a safer Internet experience, I installed Kaspersky for Mac. So far, it has no impact on the general performance of the Mac (MBPr 8GB Ram mid 2012). However, Safari is slow.... very, very slow. As soon as I disable Kaspersky, it is fast again.

Anyone experienced this before? And if yes, any idea how to resolve such issue? I am not a fan of Chrome on Mac since it seems to be a bit sluggish especially when you scroll.

Thanks!

Yes, I tried Kaspersky for Mac and while they make a great Windows product, they suck at their Mac product. Safari ended up being really slow. I had to disable the web traffic scan part of it. I ended up tossing it all together. While some will say, AVs on Macs aren't needed, I use them to be on the safe side. I now use Intego.

Had sophos installed on my system but realised it did absolutely nothing, I had to manually initialize scanning. Removed it and installed Avast for MAC, after some update my Mac did not boot at all. Somehow managed to remove avast by booting into safe mode. Ever since have not installed any anti virus on the mac.

this is interesting was thinking for getting such a product but after reading the issues, ill leave it. Its ok i have not had a windows virus in like 10 years, i know what not to download!

• 3 months later...

Thanks for all your replies, gentlemen. Yeah, Kaspersky ended up slowing things drastically, was a bit disappointing, to be honest.

Thanks for all your replies, gentlemen. Yeah, Kaspersky ended up slowing things drastically, was a bit disappointing, to be honest.

Have you tried using Firefox for mac and seeing if Kaspersky slows it down? I use FF on my macbook and it's speedy but i don't use any av...Might be worth a shot.

Plus you can still use things like Noscript/Adblock plus and the like for even safer browsing.

Bounce this off Goretsky (I think that's how it's spelt).

He's a Kaspersky researcher or something along those lines. Has a number of white papers that are quite good.

Might be able to shed some light on this :)