Man Steals 5,000 Boxes of Girl Scout Cookies

On Thursday, a South Carolina man was charged with stealing more than 5,000 boxes of Thin Mints and Shortbreads, The Associated Press reported.

Police fingered 37-year old Christopher Maurice Morton as the alleged cookie culprit who took $19,000 worth of Girl Scout cookies from a Spartanburg, S.C., warehouse.

The owner of Carey Moving and Storage reported more than 450 cases missing after an inventory was conducted on Feb. 26.

There wasn?t a trail of crumbs, but authorities were led to Morton, a truck driver at the warehouse.

Master Deputy Kevin Bobo said Morton has since been fired and charged with "breach of trust more than $10,000."

The plan behind the cookie heist still remains a mystery. But, Bobo said Greenville County sheriff deputies recovered 352 cases from behind an abandoned business.

It?s unclear what happened to the nearly 100 other cases of cookie loot.

th?id=H.4717146345898764&pid=15.1&H=120&W=160

source

perhaps he planned to sell the cookies like anyone else and then take the profits, or just become a big fat fatty.

I love the Thin Mints - would steal a few boxes of them lol.

Thin Mints are good but they've been reducing the number of cookies per box while increasing the price, so I can't blame him for stealing them. Is there an open source alternative to Thin Mints?

Thin Mints are good but they've been reducing the number of cookies per box while increasing the price, so I can't blame him for stealing them. Is there an open source alternative to Thin Mints?

^ All the GS cookies are just rebranded versions of regular store cookies.

Keebler makes the Fudge Stripe.

I think Nabisco used to make Thin Mint cookies.

Here's a recipe for home baking:

http://www.thedailymeal.com/thin-mints-1