Is this a good computer chair for everyday computer use?

This is the computer chair I use :

8550733594_ed7cd2a158.jpg

DSC06183 by EApubs, on Flickr

Im a web dveloper who sit in this chair from morning untill I sleep. Recently, I started to get a back pain. I know im too young to have them. Can It be due to this chair? Its a small chair. Doesn't extend upto my shoulders. Is it a good choice or do I need to change to a larger chair (Which extend upto my shoulders) soon?

Im a web dveloper who sit in this chair from morning untill I sleep. Recently, I started to get a back pain. I know im too young to have them. Can It be due to this chair? Its a small chair. Doesn't extend upto my shoulders. Is it a good choice or do I need to change to a larger chair (Which extend upto my shoulders) soon?

Your back pains are mostly down to incorrect posture when sitting upright, your ergonomics, or lack of strength in your back itself.

Looking at your desk, I see two monitors. both look like they'd be too low and you'd be hunched over creating a lower back curve giving you pressure there. Try sticking a book or two under them to bring the top of the monitor level with your eyes as you're sat upright in the chair. the laptop is the worse thing ever to do real work on. You can use a hotwater bottle on the lower part of the back to give it some support there, but it looks like the chair won't hold it in place very well but you're aiming to maintain your natural curve.

try doing some 20 or so sit ups in the morning before you start work. It'll give your back a bit of a work out and strengthen your muscles a bit.

Personally, I'd try to get a better chair with lower back support, so you can add lumber support yourself but you need to get the issue with the monitor height sorted.

Your back pains are mostly down to incorrect posture when sitting upright, your ergonomics, or lack of strength in your back itself.

Looking at your desk, I see two monitors. both look like they'd be too low and you'd be hunched over creating a lower back curve giving you pressure there. Try sticking a book or two under them to bring the top of the monitor level with your eyes as you're sat upright in the chair. the laptop is the worse thing ever to do real work on. You can use a hotwater bottle on the lower part of the back to give it some support there, but it looks like the chair won't hold it in place very well but you're aiming to maintain your natural curve.

try doing some 20 or so sit ups in the morning before you start work. It'll give your back a bit of a work out and strengthen your muscles a bit.

Personally, I'd try to get a better chair with lower back support, so you can add lumber support yourself but you need to get the issue with the monitor height sorted.

I will check the monitors :) Thanks for the tip!

A chair with lower back support means something like this : http://www.damro.lk/office_chairs.html

Or a bit smaller like this : http://www.damro.lk/office_chairs_a.html

Yeah that chair sucks. I use a high back chair and almost instantly get back pain when sitting in a small chair like that. Add in a massager if you can too, its really worth it.

Awful chair for extended periods, it's like the chair they gave me at work that sits in the corner holding up some folders...

Really not great if you spend a lot of time sitting in them, get a well cushioned (or preferably memoryfoam - albeit these can be quite expensive!) leather high back chair.

You'll instantly notice the difference in comfort.

Maybe it's the angle of the photo, but it looks like you sit quite high at your desk, which is probably causing you to slouch. Can you sit with your back straight and touch the desk with your elbows? If not, my first recommendation would be to lower your chair until you can.

You could also try raising your monitors. Do you have to look down at your monitors? If so, prop them up on some books or a box or something. That'll help too.

But yes, you should get a better chair. Something with lumbar support and a high back.