33 posts in this topic

Posted

Wait 'till they terminate the J-1 summer work travel program, then everyone else will be screwed by him.

Posted

Nobody is understanding the fact that none of this **** would fly if they did it to an American citizen. That's the point he is trying to make. What is the purpose of visiting America to learn about us when all he's learned is how to be exploited by a ubiquitous American corporation?

Posted

Nobody is understanding the fact that none of this **** would fly if they did it to an American citizen. That's the point he is trying to make. What is the purpose of visiting America to learn about us when all he's learned is how to be exploited by a ubiquitous American corporation?

Anyone who works fast food is being legally exploited as it is. Soon all of America will be filled with 30 hours a week part timers.

Posted

By Federal law, you must be paid time and a half pay, when you go over 40 hours per week.

I don't know if this does apply to non-US citizens.

It's not that it doesn't apply to a non-US citizen, overtime doesn't apply to temp or seasonal work. If you are a full time employee then you get overtime by law if you work over 40 hours but this law only applies to full time employees.

Posted

By Federal law, you must be paid time and a half pay, when you go over 40 hours per week.

I don't know if this does apply to non-US citizens.

I'm not doubting your word on this but do you have a link or something to that law?

I regularly work over 40 hours per week and am on call 24/7/365 and don't get paid any overtime.

Edit: Saw the link you posted above. I fall under one of the exemptions.

Posted

^ You must not be in the USA.

Wage and Hour Division (WHD)

Overtime Pay

Overview

The federal overtime provisions are contained in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Unless exempt, employees covered by the Act must receive overtime pay for hours worked over 40 in a workweek at a rate not less than time and one-half their regular rates of pay. There is no limit in the Act on the number of hours employees aged 16 and older may work in any workweek. The Act does not require overtime pay for work on Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, or regular days of rest, unless overtime is worked on such days.

The Act applies on a workweek basis. An employee's workweek is a fixed and regularly recurring period of 168 hours

Posted

Sounds like the worker got shafted by McDonald's, which is a fairly consistent experience for most people who work there.

Posted

Why would you go to US to work at a MCDs?

Stupid.