USA lost $433,982,548 because of daylight saving time switch

I don't know where you live, but 2 AM is early for a bar, pub, or club to close on a Saturday night/Sunday morning.

In any city or well populated area, they're open much later than 2 AM, and lose an hour of business.

Most states I've been to have laws that say bars are to close by 2am...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_call_(bar_term) look down that list, a good majority of them are 2am

Exactly.

I don't use lights in the morning because it's already light. I turned my house lights around 7pm before the daylight savings switch. Now it's around 8pm. That's one hour of not using any lights in the house that I'm saving money on. Also it's awesome to have an extra hour of sunlight after work that I can enjoy outside.

or some could install light-sensor to automaticaly turn on/off the lights,

you'll saves energies that previously used to go to where all switches are and turn'em on/off.

or some could install light-sensor to automaticaly turn on/off the lights,

you'll saves energies that previously used to go to where all switches are and turn'em on/off.

you missed the bigger point he was trying to make.

There's more to it than saving energy. Spending more time in daylight is also better for morale and general physical health, and obviously healthier, happier citizens produce more economic value.

At the end of the day, seasons change, that costs money and there's no way around it.

So if i understand corectly the money i would have spend without the daylight saving switch is gone forever. It's burning in hell. I can't access it anymore.

Guess what? This money is still in my bank account and will be spent shortly.

How exactly is that much money being lost? The article fails to even attempt to explain the reasons why.

most people are smart enough to assume that it is employees failing at their job and general confusion because of 1 hour... if this is all true then it stands to reason all that money will be made as extra on the day clocks go back 1 hour

most people are smart enough to assume that it is employees failing at their job and general confusion because of 1 hour... if this is all true then it stands to reason all that money will be made as extra on the day clocks go back 1 hour

Smart enough to assume? Err... was that sarcasm?

Losing $433 million dollars during one hour on a Sunday at 2am is an insane number to throw out there. Especially with no explanation behind it. The only valid thing that's worth assuming is that they pulled a random number out of their ass in order to get people to read their poorly written article.

After the annual shift to daylight saving time, employees are likely to spend more time online than normal surfing the Web for content unrelated to their work, causing potentially massive productivity losses, according to new research co-authored by a professor at the Penn State Smeal College of Business.

http://research.smeal.psu.edu/news/switch-to-daylight-saving-time-leads-to-cyberloafing-at-the-office

The Daylight Savings Time is a biggest pile of s**t there is. Biggest waste that should been abolished long time ago.

May I ask you a question? Do you like night more then day time?