What is your favorite Windows OS?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#76 W32.Backdoor.KillAV.E

W32.Backdoor.KillAV.E

Neowinian

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:11

Win 8. It's Win 7 on steroids.

Its faster at almost everything, uses less RAM than 7, it's atleast as stable if not more so, it's far more versatile than any other Windows OS (or any OS not just Windows), has better battery life than any other Windows OS, it's the most secure, and works better with my multi-monitors. And it's the little things, like built in Hyper-V and being able to natively mount ISO's and create VHD's without 3rd party software bloat.

People only like older OS's because they're sentimental or very used to it. Win 8 is technically the best.

I can see Windows Blue eventually being my fave once it's complete, i've played with the leaked build and like all the improvements so far. RAM usage is down even further as well.

#77 AsherGZ

AsherGZ

Grand Master

• Phone: Lumia 820, 520

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:52

Windows Blue. And I'm serious. The classic Windows stuff in 8 is perfect and I can't imagine going back to 7 ever. However the metro side needs a little polishing up, and so far what we've seen in Blue, they're getting there.

#78 Kenny McCormick

Kenny McCormick

Neowinian

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:19

Windows 8 / Windows Server 2012 closely followed by Windows 2000...

#79 +Fractalizer

Fractalizer

Cupcakes!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:40

Windows XP. I had so much fun Tweaking that and doing all kinds of Customization with it I would literally spend weeks after a Re-Install tweaking it and changing how it looks and only ever had an issue with doing that kind of thing if I screwed up but I loved doing it. Windows 7 in my opinion is Equal to Windows XP for me but I don't do a lot of customization with it as I don't see the need too. My lest favorites are Windows 8 and Windows ME for me I hated Windows ME with a passion, I re-installed that so often I memorized the Product Key and could enter it in under 8 Seconds, as for Windows 8 change is good but I don't like the whole Implementation of the "Start Screen".

#80 WiselyJohn

WiselyJohn

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:01

I love everything about Windows 7. Everything just works like it's suppose to.window 7 better than window xp.

#81 thekim

thekim

Neowinian

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:05

I guess Windows 2000

#82 jjkusaf

jjkusaf

Deadhead

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:54

Win 7.

#83 derviskemal

derviskemal

Neowinian

Posted 30 March 2013 - 13:12

Posted Image

#84 Fahim S.

Fahim S.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4 16GB by LG

Posted 30 March 2013 - 13:57

Depends on the machine -

On my laptop which has a small screen (1366x768, although not touch) I find Windows 8 a much better experience. I guess this is because of the short travelling distance for my thumb between the touch pad and Windows key/rest of the keyboard and because the start menu used to take 1/3 of the screen anyway, as well as using pretty much all apps full screen even when running Windows 7 on the same machine.

Whilst on the big screen (27" 1440P) desktop, Windows 7 just edges it, but that is because it just doesn't make as much sense running full screen apps. I expect Microsoft will fix this over the next few versions of Windows.

I can totally understand the focus for Windows 8, because most normal users are laptop users with screens around 1366x768 resolution.

After that Vista > 2000 > XP > NT4.0 > 98SE > 98 > 95OSR2 > 95 > 3.11 > 3.1 > ME - that's pretty much the only versions I have used in any real heavy capacity.

#85 Orange

Orange

Oh Yes!

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3/ Google Nexus 7 Tablet

Posted 01 April 2013 - 21:55

Windows 7, was a big fan of Windows Vista till i found out true behind how much of a hogger it was etc. So installed Windows 7 and I'm in love :p

But my ultimate favorite os has to be Windows ME.. i know people hate it but for me it was lovely :p

#86 +SharpGreen

SharpGreen

Now with built-in BS detector.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy Nexus

Posted 02 April 2013 - 22:41

Depends on the machine -

On my laptop which has a small screen (1366x768, although not touch) I find Windows 8 a much better experience. I guess this is because of the short travelling distance for my thumb between the touch pad and Windows key/rest of the keyboard and because the start menu used to take 1/3 of the screen anyway, as well as using pretty much all apps full screen even when running Windows 7 on the same machine.

Whilst on the big screen (27" 1440P) desktop, Windows 7 just edges it, but that is because it just doesn't make as much sense running full screen apps. I expect Microsoft will fix this over the next few versions of Windows.

I can totally understand the focus for Windows 8, because most normal users are laptop users with screens around 1366x768 resolution.

After that Vista > 2000 > XP > NT4.0 > 98SE > 98 > 95OSR2 > 95 > 3.11 > 3.1 > ME - that's pretty much the only versions I have used in any real heavy capacity.

I have to wonder about these folks who rail against full screen apps. Do you folks not maximize windows on the desktop side? as its pretty much the same thing.

#87 nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13

NeKroSoft inc.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 23:27

only logical choice,

7, then xp in close second.

worst windows os, windows me, then vista and 8

#88 +astropheed

astropheed

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • OS: W7, SLES(D)11, VMware, NW6, XP, Mint, Ubuntu11 and sometimes Redhat
  • Phone: Note 3

Posted 02 April 2013 - 23:31

Windows 7 > XP > 95 > NT/2000 > Getting kicked in the nuts > 3.1 > ME > 98 > Vista

I've still not really used Windows 8 enough to comment.

#89 WHS

WHS

Neowinian

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:40

I like Windows 7 best. But I also have Vista on 2 laptops and Windows 8 in virtual on an external SSD.

#90 macstar

macstar

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:13

i don't really know. probably has been windows xp. ran stable, got some nice new features and even better, it was the (first?) last really easy and widely customizable windows out there. you could get real themes for it. not these pseudo themes in win7 and + where the biggest change is a new wallpaper how fascinating

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!