'24' movie is not happening says director Antoine Fuqua

24.png

Antoine Fuqua has revealed that he doesn't expect the long-awaited 24 movie to be made.

Kiefer Sutherland has been expected to reprise his role of Jack Bauer in a film version of the Fox action series since it came to an end in 2010.

Training Day director Fuqua has been attached to helm the project since signing up last year, but it has remained in development hell over the past three years.

When asked about the status of the film, Fuqua told The Playlist: "Yeah, that's not happening. I don't think it's gonna happen at all, definitely not with me.

"I met with Kiefer [sutherland], Fox wanted to do it, it was a matter of his schedule before he went off to do his new show [Touch].

"I don't think he was able to get a proper agreement with Fox. The time just passed, and I went off to go to what I was doing."

Last year, 24 executive Howard Gordon stated that the main issue regarding the film's delay is Sutherland's involvement in the Fox drama Touch, which began its second season last month.

However, Touch has continued to perform poorly in the ratings despite an improved second season.

Kiefer Sutherland said that the 24 movie would begin production in eight months' time back in April 2012.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/s9/24/news/a464994/24-movie-is-not-happening-says-director-antoine-fuqua.html

I'd like to watch 24 movie for sure. Remember, The following events occur in real time. lol.

It would either be an incredibly long film or stupidly short and uneventful lol.

Redemption was a TV movie for 24, but for me it wasn't true 24. That didn't make it bad, it just didn't feel overly like 24. For this reason, I think I'm glad a proper film is not happening.

I for one would be very glad if it didn't get made. I could not stand the tv series let alone see a movie be made be made out of this. I couldn't even watch past season 1...I mean come on...the wife develops walking amnesia and don't even get me started on the daughter.