• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 +Neotech085

Neotech085

Neowinian

• 826 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:18

I think she deserve the ticket we do get very annoy for slow folks., She shouldn't even be driving.

This belongs in the Joke section.

#17 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

• 1,232 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:18

It's about the damn time. I hate driving on i95, and sometimes that left lane is the slowest lane due to people like her.

#18 macrosslover

macrosslover

Muad’Dib

• 2,993 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:02

Why do you have to use the extreme of 80? In this case, if someone simply wanted to do the speed limit in the fast lane they could not with this lady in front of them. Say what you want but highways and interstates are meant for fast driving. If you want to drive slow, take the side streets. So much time and money is wasted driving, we don't need one driver slowing everyone down. This case is very simple, the left lane is designed for passing and those going the fastest on the highway. If you're not, you're impeding traffic which is illegal in almost every state and basis for the ticket.

because it isn't really an extreme. "flow of traffic" on most interstates I've driven on is easily at least 70. fast lane traffic is usually 75+ with the most aggressive drivers doing 80-90. Although she wasn't doing the speed limit, there's no requirement that she has to go the speed limit though as long as she's going the minimum speed and not doing the minimum speed in the left lane. As I said if people want to go faster than the other driver will "allow" then they need to push to raise the legal speed limit so that overall traffic and drivers like here will legally felt obliged to drive faster without fear of ticket.

#19 +Neotech085

Neotech085

Neowinian

• 826 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:17

because it isn't really an extreme. "flow of traffic" on most interstates I've driven on is easily at least 70. fast lane traffic is usually 75+ with the most aggressive drivers doing 80-90. Although she wasn't doing the speed limit, there's no requirement that she has to go the speed limit though as long as she's going the minimum speed and not doing the minimum speed in the left lane. As I said if people want to go faster than the other driver will "allow" then they need to push to raise the legal speed limit so that overall traffic and drivers like here will legally felt obliged to drive faster without fear of ticket.

Sure this give them a little bump in there bumper to give them a warning they're not going the speed limit.

#20 abysal

abysal

Neowin Addict

• 1,133 posts
  • Phone: BB9930/SGSIII

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:44

It's common courtesy to move over into the middle lane when some is approaching behind you while in the left lane. It's common sense that you want to move with the flow of traffic, otherwise you're an accident hazard and shouldn't be on the highway, and probably shouldn't even operate a car.

#21 thatguyandrew1992

thatguyandrew1992

Neowinian Senior

• 2,258 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:54

I can't stand it when people drive slow in the left lane. Just move over!

#22 ozgeek

ozgeek

Neowinian Senior

• 7,936 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:04

i hate drivers that drive too slow,or drive slow in the fast lane. i say good,she deserves it.

She wasn't going slow. 2 kph (or mph) under the limit is not slow. So she wasn't under-speeding. All other cars that flew past her was speeding.

#23 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:07

I don't understand the problem, if she is going by the speed limit in the passing lane then people wouldn't be able to overtake her legally without breaking the speed limit anyway?

#24 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• 7,649 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:12

Yes,
Driving in the left lane is one thing and should be something cops bust more people for as should they bust people for driving to slow!

The only 2 ways out of the village I live in are both 55mph. I am constantly getting behind people doing 35-40mph and both roads have no passing stripes on them for about 5 miles until you get to the highway. Talk about a reason for road rage!!

My next door neighbor is a rent a cop for another township and I asked him about this and why don't cops bust people for that reason more often. He didn't give me a very detailed answer. Heck, it would easily lead to more income for any municipality due to the tickets and other things the cops would find a reason to ticket the people for such as texting, open receptacles, drugs, guns, etc...............

#25 +zhiVago

zhiVago

World Citizen

• 9,318 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:16

I failed my first highway test (full G license in Ontario) because I was doing 90 in a 100 km/h zone.

And one time, I got a warning because I was in exactly the same situation as this woman. I was obeying the speed limit, but I didn't stick to the right lane when it was available.

I don't understand the problem, if she is going by the speed limit in the passing lane then people wouldn't be able to overtake her legally without breaking the speed limit anyway?

It is illegal to overtake from the right side.

#26 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:23

Yeah but my point was, if she was going the speed limit people wouldn't have been able to overtake her if they were obeying the speed limit no matter what lane she was in, so the point is moot.

#27 +zhiVago

zhiVago

World Citizen

• 9,318 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:24

Well, that's what she got the ticket for. She was a hazard for the traffic in the left lane.

#28 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:26

Why a hazard?

#29 +zhiVago

zhiVago

World Citizen

• 9,318 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:30

Why a hazard?

Maybe a hazard is too strong of a word. She was an obstacle. If you drive, you should know what I mean. And it is the law to keep to the right lane when it is free.

#30 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,278 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5 (Android 4.4.2)

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:45

Yeah but my point was, if she was going the speed limit people wouldn't have been able to overtake her if they were obeying the speed limit no matter what lane she was in, so the point is moot.

She was driving below the speed limit in a passing lane. The bigger issue is that she was in a lane she wasn't supposed to be in and on top of that, she was going slower than other cars in the passing lane.

We don't have any explicit "left lane is for passing" laws in Ontario and most parts of Canada. We do, however, have laws that say drivers should move to the right if they're going slower than usual.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!