Man who wrestled shark away from kids fired

I took the time to read the full article and it seems that the doctor did advise the couple to go on holiday . . .

I appreciate the research; In that case I fully side with that of the Man and Woman. They should not have been fired for following doctors orders by doing something that should theoretically reduce stress. Imagine how much stress they have now... Sad really, poor guy is a Hero.

So how's the weather down there in North Korea ?

Rainy :D

it's not the employer who controls if the employe is at home while sick, but the Social Security, at least in my country; just checked their site and it says:

"the worker cannot leave home except: - for medical treatment or - from 11AM to 15PM and 18PM to 21PM, if the doctor allows it per writen". This happens because there were lots of fellas that putted a sick leave for months and they weren't sick to begin with (some went to travel, others had a second job or just plain lazyness).

I wouldn't assume their termination was legal. I took the time to read the full article and it seems that the doctor did advise the couple to go on holiday, which means the couple could take it to an employment tribunal and have their termination overturned. It seems the couple were in the right.

well this just changes everything then; if they have some paper assigned by that doctor who advised to go on a trip maybe that holds in court.