Veronica Mars Movie Meets Fundraising Goal

capture.png

No offense to Mars Investigations? canine mascot, but Veronica Mars fans on Wednesday provided the real backup, pledging ? in just over 10 hours, and with an average donation of $63 ? the $2 million necessary to start production on a film version of the defunct CW series.

Now that the project is officially a go, here are a few plot suggestions we wouldn?t mind seeing play out on the big screen. A LoVe reunion? Deputy Leo? Wallace? We?ve included it all.

http://tvline.com/2013/03/13/veronica-mars-movie-2014-spoilers/#1/vmideas_fbi/

Kristen is kind of old to play the role she played on that show.

They will need to adjust the story like dunno 10 years later she took over her dad's business or something like that.

It's a Go!

The Wrap is reporting Warner Bros. has indeed given the green light to the Veronica Mars movie after fans successfully demonstrated their interest in getting the film off the ground. According to the report:

?The film?s production budget will come entirely from the money it raised on Kickstarter and won?t include any additional funding from the studio, the individual told TheWrap. Warner Bros. Digital Distribution will shoulder the cost of distributing the film and marketing it to the ?Veronica Mars? faithful.?

Awesome news! Can't wait to see it. :D

Now, can they do this with Firefly too?

i believe they already made a Firefly movie?

Yeah as much as I would love to see more Firefly, I think it's had the movie and that's that, not against Graphic Novels though

• 3 weeks later...
As if there was ever any doubt: Jason Dohring is officially on board for the Veronica Mars movie.

Dohring, whose casting was announced by series creator Rob Thomas, is the third actor to sign on to the project, joining star Kristen Bell and the deep-pocketed supporter who scored the role of the waiter who says, ?Your check, sir.?

http://tvline.com/2013/04/02/jason-dohring-veronica-mars-movie-cast/

• 5 weeks later...

RdT5I.png

Deputy Leo is ready to report for duty!

With the Veronica Mars movie officially happening, Marshmallows have been dying to know which of their favorite characters will be returning to Neptune when the film hits theaters in early 2014. One familiar face who will definitely be coming back to banter with Veronica (Kristen Bell)? New Girl star Max Greenfield as lovable Deputy Leo!

Enrico Colantoni Set For Veronica Mars Movie

WXo5g.jpg

Veronica Mars? P.I. pop is officially on board for his daughter?s big-screen debut.

Enrico Colantoni will reprise the role of Keith Mars when the movie based on the fan-favorite CW series begins shooting this summer.

The Rob Thomas-driven project announced the casting ? which was hinted at with the actor?s appearance in the fan-funded project?s launch video in March ? via Twitter Thursday.

• 5 weeks later...

ITRSf.jpg

Veronica Mars Movie Adds Piz

Piz is in, too!

Chris Lowell is the latest Veronica Mars vet to officially join the forthcoming fan-funded film adaptation, exec producer Rob Thomas announced on Saturday.

Lowell?s mop-topped alter ego arrived on the scene in the show?s third season and soon developed a crush on (and began a romance with) the show?s titular sleuth.

UPDATE: Appearing at the ATX Television Festival on Saturday, Thomas said that beyond Lowell, Percy Daggs III and other already confirmed encores, ?We actually have a bunch of cast deals done, but we?re trying to parse them out? We want to give everyone their own moment.? (As such, keep tabs on TVLine as more additions are trumpeted over the next 10 days.)

Veronica?s gal pal Mac is a character Thomas said it would be odd not to see in the movie, but he stopped short of confirming Tina Majorino?s casting.

Alas, with the ensemble growing and the budget finite, as the film nears production later this month, there?s already been one (minor) casualty. Thomas shared at ATX that opening scenes were already over-budget, so rain during a flight Veronica is on had to be cut. ?So, as you see her land and come out of the Balboa County Airport, imagine rain,? he laughed.

Speaking further on the film?s prospects, Thomas said, ?It?s not going to be Hunger Games, but I?m excited about the scope. It?s at the top-end of what my expectations would have been.? That said, when it comes to a fight that breaks out at ?Ron?s high school reunion, he quipped: ?Please don?t expect a Matrix-level brawl.?

19dlV.png

Neptune High?s big class reunion just got a little more complete.

Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas announced late last night that Tina Majorino has officially signed on to reprise her role as hacker extraordinaire Cindy ?Mac? Mackenzie in his upcoming Mars film. Non-Mars fans may know the actress best as Deb, the title character?s side ponytail-favoring friend in 2004?s Napoleon Dynamite.

?To say I wrote Mac with Tina in mind would be an understatement,? Thomas said in an email sent to the film?s 91,585 Kickstarter backers. ?I wrote Mac for Tina, and Tina only. Veronica needed a female friend, and a Q to her Bond. Tina felt like just the sort of girl that Veronica would like and respect. I couldn?t be more pleased that she?ll be with us for the movie.?

Majorino, who?s currently playing medical intern Heather Brooks on Grey?s Anatomy, joins a cast that already includes repeat players Kristen Bell (Veronica), Jason Dohring (Logan Echolls), Enrico Colantoni (Keith Mars), Percy Daggs III (Wallace Fennel), Chris Lowell (Stosh ?Piz? Piznarski), Francis Capra (Eli ?Weevil? Navarro?), Sam Huntington (Luke), Amanda Noret (Madison Sinclair), and Daran Norris (Cliff McCormack). Production on the film is scheduled to begin this summer.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/13/veronica-mars-movie-tina-majorino/

pja83w23.jpg

Krysten Ritter is set to reprise her role as Gia Goodman in the upcoming Veronica Mars feature film. The actress confirmed the news today via her WhoSay account with the following message:

G-G-G-Gia!!!! I'm thrilled to be reprising my role of Gia Goodman in the Veronica Mars movie!!! It's gonna be very juicy. Veronica Mars has a special place in my heart because it was my first big acting job (!!!!!!) and it was also one of the most lovely on-set experiences you could ever ask for. This will truly be an awesome shoot, not only because we all get to be reunited (can't WAIT!) but because of the revolutionary way this all was able to come to life! Thank you, thank you, thank you to Rob Thomas, Kristen Bell, Kickstarter, and most of all, to you, our AMAZING FANS, for making it happen. I'm honored to be a part of it!

Ritter joins Kristen Bell, Jason Dohring, Christine Lakin, Enrico Colanton, Ryan Hansen and Tina Majorino in the Kickstarter-backed production, set to be written and directed by series creator Rob Thomas.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105527

$2 million in just over 10 hours? Gentlemen, I believe I know how to save the economy...

That's crazy. I didn't realise the show was that popular (I think I only watched the first episode).

• 5 months later...