BSOD appears at a basketball game

It would have been even more funny if Steve Ballmer was in front the screen!

knowing that Blue screen mean something bad happened to Windows,

so why are hell Microsfot using the "Blue" in Windows Blue ?

Just like Windows XP it wasn't uncommon for the screen to go black and then the blue screen would appear. But then in Vista the screen would go black before UAC would appear. It would aways freak me out. Thinking the computer was about the blue screen.

knowing that Blue screen mean something bad happened to Windows,

so why are hell Microsfot using the "Blue" in Windows Blue ?

Why are they using Azure for their cloud services? Why not yellow? Or pink? Or who cares? It's a friggin codename.

I haven't seen one of those in forever. I use to hate those things. They always happened at the worst times.

Of course. By default Windows reboot instead of showing the BSOD since Windows XP and maybe even Windows 2000. You have to manually change the setting to see the BSOD now.

Of course. By default Windows reboot instead of showing the BSOD since Windows XP and maybe even Windows 2000. You have to manually change the setting to see the BSOD now.

wait, what? I had BSODs in 7 that showed up pretty well, do you mean that it restarts after a certain time period instead of staying there forever?

wait, what? I had BSODs in 7 that showed up pretty well, do you mean that it restarts after a certain time period instead of staying there forever?

I'm pretty sure it or something like it will display until the memory dump process completes.

Hum technically unless the setting to reboot on fatal error is disabled it should reboot when there's a fatal error.

Right click on computer desktop icon -> Properties -> Advenced system settings -> Startup and recovery -> System failure -> auto restart is checked by default.

Now i'm not sure if it applies to all BSOD but with the checkbox checked some will at least result in a reboot instead of a BSOD. [edit] like JOshie said the bdso might show for a short period of time not sure it's been a long time since i repaired a computer.

I'm pretty sure it or something like it will display until the memory dump process completes.

Probably. Not sure it's been a long time since i worked in tech support. Still most people will miss it and think the pc rebooted for no reason.

Wonder if they're even using win 8.

(not sure if serious, but in case you were)

Win 8 has a new style of BSOD (complete with ":(" and all :D), so no this is probably like Win XP - 7

No they are not because Windows 8 dont have that style of BSOD anymore it uses this style

win8bsodsmiley.jpg

Do you think I never seem a win 8 BSOD? I have. so ya soo they don't use win 8 I get it...

Do you think I never seem a win 8 BSOD? I have. so ya soo they don't use win 8 I get it...

well you was implying you never used windows 8 or seen it cause ya wondered if there even using windows 8 and other replied to you as well not just me . and if you have seen windows 8 anyways you would not have even made that remark sarcasm or not

• Like 1

well you was implying you never used windows 8 or seen it cause ya wondered if there even using windows 8 and other replied to you as well not just me . and if you have seen windows 8 anyways you would not have even made that remark sarcasm or not

I didn't say anything about I not using win 8 why don't you put on your contract or glasses or get a new subscription... because not once I did not mention not using win 8, in this thread you are obviously blind.

I didn't say anything about I not using win 8 why don't you put on your contract or glasses or get a new subscription... because not once I did not mention not using win 8, in this thread you are obviously blind.

David085, on Today, 04:14, said:

That thus getting my replay and pic thus other commenting on your question itself as well

David085, on Today, 04:14, said:

That thus getting my replay and pic thus other commenting on your question itself as well

Yeah I said I wonder if they're on win 8 but not once I mention I not using win 8 myself no kidding.

Yeah I said I wonder if they're on win 8 but not once I mention I not using win 8 myself no kidding.

course you didnt but as your post it implied you have not because you made the comment based on the above picture from the OP that abviously was not windows 8 . you made the statement based on that and in my original post replaying to you i made it clear you either have not used windows 8 or was being sarcastic .

The point is, assuming you were serious (which you've still not made clear), if you had seen a Windows 8 bluescreen you wouldn't have posted that since you would've known it wasn't windows 8, thus you implied (when you imply something you don't have to specifically say it) that you hadn't seen a win 8 bluescreen

The point is, assuming you were serious (which you've still not made clear), if you had seen a Windows 8 bluescreen you wouldn't have posted that since you would've known it wasn't windows 8, thus you implied (when you imply something you don't have to specifically say it) that you hadn't seen a win 8 bluescreen

fine I not on win 8 because that os stinks and will never be on my system are you happy?

I wouldn't be surprised if they're still on Windows 98. It was so easy to BSOD. Hence the range of accessories available at the time:

ctrl-alt-del-reboot-tool.jpg

• Like 2