sim city ea drm

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,392 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:53

If you feel that someone is break the rules, then please report them.

Cleaned

#17 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

• 5,361 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:19

Seems to me all they need to do is create a local proxy server that grabs/saves/loads game data, pretty simple matter
I still give is a few months before it's completely cracked.

The cities themselves run locally on the machine. All they did was modify the code to have the game not check the servers. You would use the same mod tools as the sims 3. The package files are the same. You can edit a ton of the game. The gui of the game is in java script .

Things like itnercity cooperation ,and trading wont work without the servers.

#18 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,109 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:08

Thing is someone are easily able to do this because they can run server emulators like how private WoW servers are. They can easily make those for this game.

#19 redvamp128

redvamp128

Neowinian Senior

• 3,930 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:39

No the secret way to do this is-- obvious -- for them to get out of all this lying stuff

Sell an expansion pack -

Charge people for it-- (then have it one time verify online where you register - Turn off the watchdog -

also by doing this you receive other special updates) But not too much- or people will not be willing to pay.

Crank up the Specs - Disk space - add the files needed to randomize things. (what it checks for online)

Add more characters as well as social situations.
Then allow those that have this pack other new situations that only work with registered versions.
That people have to download from their site where they registered -- thus keeping some online check by them downloading those files.

Also add other things available to them when they go online mode as well. (so create a toggle mode)

That is an easy way to get out of this for EA

Call it -- SIMS OFFLINE--

#20 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 10,576 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:00

Half the time, EA makes a step in the right direction. The other half is spent taking a step back, and essentially spinning in circles. They appear to have short term memory loss or something because it seems they can't for the life of them remember what it is that many people get angry with them over...

Ubisoft had a couple run ins, but from what I can tell, they've learned from their mistakes. No clue what the heck EA is doing though...

#21 reap3r

reap3r

Neowinian

• 96 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:17

There is already a crack. Tested and working.

#22 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,535 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:22

Ubisoft had a couple run ins, but from what I can tell, they've learned from their mistakes. No clue what the heck EA is doing though...

Really? Far Cry 3 (and I think AC3) relied on their online service for single player (even basic functionality like the menus didn't work when the servers went down) and ****ed a lot of people off at launch.

Which mistake did they learn from again?

#23 SierraSonic

SierraSonic

SierraSonic

• 1,103 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 15:14

There is already a crack. Tested and working.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... This is just gives me more reason to tell people to not buy it.

#24 alwaysonacoffebreak

alwaysonacoffebreak

Neowinian Senior

• 2,922 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 16 March 2013 - 15:24

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... This is just gives me more reason to tell people to not buy it.

Actually do buy it and suggest others to do the same, at least that way Maxis dev's get somewhat of an support but as soon as you get the game, crack it. Crack the holy **** out of it so it would send a clear message to EA not to f*** around with PC gamers since we will still do what we want in the end not what they think is right to do.

Me and my friends did the same thing with MW2 and with the whole iwnet crap, really console type of servers on a PC? Yes, I like to play on a server that is hosted on a P4 and on a 1mb internet. Meh, no thanks Activision, paid my 50 bucks and rewrote every single file with aIWnet files.

#25 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 10,576 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 16 March 2013 - 23:36

Really? Far Cry 3 (and I think AC3) relied on their online service for single player (even basic functionality like the menus didn't work when the servers went down) and ****ed a lot of people off at launch.

Which mistake did they learn from again?

Never heard about it over the sound of people talking about how awesome Farcry 3 is... so there's that.

#26 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,535 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 23:59

Never heard about it over the sound of people talking about how awesome Farcry 3 is... so there's that.

Then you weren't listening at launch heh. RPS was bitching about it for days as usual IIRC.

#27 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:53

EA sure has lost their way.