Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

downloading email?

3 posts in this topic

Posted

My work email address is bases on Google, and I've noticed that emails over 30 days or so are automatically deleted. I created a separate label but still the emails get deleted, why is that? What's the best way to maybe, download emails?

Posted

You can always use a POP client like Outlook or Windows Live Mail. After you set it up, remember to make sure to select "keep copy on servers" or whatever the option may be so it creates a copy for your client and keeps the original email in tact on the server.

1 person likes this

Posted

"My work email address"

"emails over 30 days or so are automatically deleted"

I would contact your "work" IT guys and ask them - many companies have retention polices for email, that they are not suppose to be kept past a certain date. This is most likely to protect the company for legal reasons, or it could just be storage considerations.

Since you state is work email, I would get with work on why they are deleted after X days - and see if that can be changed. Or that ok if you download via pop or imap. Its possible if they are managing the settings on the accounts that they don't have those protocols enabled even, etc.