Energy drink producer says it is being blackmailed

VIENNA (AP) -- Energy drink producer Red Bull says it is being blackmailed, with the perpetrators threatening to place cans of its product contaminated with feces on supermarket shelves.

The company says the threats started several weeks ago. But Marcus Neher of the Salzburg Public Prosecutor's office said Friday that "up to now there has only been a claim of contamination," and the company also says that supermarket checks have shown no signs that the product was tampered with.

The company sells its energy drink worldwide. In a statement, it says it is "cooperating closely" with police but offers no details on the perpetrators' demands.

There was also no information on the location of the stores named by the blackmailers.

source

I always wash cans before drinking them anyway, most cans probably have that kind of crap (literally) on them anyway, between all the storage areas and people touching them and etc. Not a great idea to buy a can of something and immediately put your mouth on it. You wouldn't go around licking cereal boxes or whatever, would you?

This is why we have a special helmet for you. Because you're a special boy! :) *fluffs your hair*

I wish I had a special helmet... :(

VIENNA (AP) -- Energy drink producer Red Bull says it is being blackmailed, with the perpetrators threatening to place cans of its product contaminated with feces on supermarket shelves.

Well it tastes like **** anyway , so the taste wont change much lol.

This is why we have a special helmet for you. Because you're a special boy! :) *fluffs your hair*

It's not a Helmet, it's a "Hairmet". Means you don't mess up your do.

300px-3x4_Hairmet.jpg

• Like 2

I'd think that your nose would alert you to feces in the first place.

I don't like the stuff to begin with, so I guess I'm safe.

I'd think that your nose would alert you to feces in the first place.

I don't like the stuff to begin with, so I guess I'm safe.

Not really since most of the time it is in humid freezer above normal drinks which could easily leak on them.

Being Red Bull, once they do there dual diligence on testing, come out with a snappy commercial about, our drinks so popular, there was a black mail attempt to xyz us.

Not really since most of the time it is in humid freezer above normal drinks which could easily leak on them.

humid freezer? isn't that a contradiction? freezers generally take humidity out of the air

they are already heart attacks in a can, so there isn't much difference if it had crap in it too. Look up heart problems and red bull, it is DANGEROUS!

Yeah it's dangerous for fata**es who sit playing video games all night or dumba**es who drink it with alcohol. I'm not saying it's a healthy drink in the least bit - it's largely unnecessary if you're a healthy person but Red Bull would like to be associated with extreme sports where the extra energy is helpful and will actually be used.

humid freezer? isn't that a contradiction? freezers generally take humidity out of the air

You know how some freezers drip from the top. Most of the drinks I get are moist to the touch now would you not describe it as humid? As well as there is moisture dripping from the top which makes the freezer's humid then, not to mention the frosty air.

486762316_821.jpg

But yes in theory that is what a fridge does to cool air, but these are not efficient at all to do that and most are poorly maintained if that. Most are only expected to maintain the coolness for a while. I can take pictures if you like showing how humid they are.

I always wash cans before drinking them anyway, most cans probably have that kind of crap (literally) on them anyway, between all the storage areas and people touching them and etc. Not a great idea to buy a can of something and immediately put your mouth on it. You wouldn't go around licking cereal boxes or whatever, would you?

Never really thought of it in that way but you're right!

How do you feces into a closed can?

Tamper with the ingrediants supplied is one method. Or yeah drill a tiny hole. There was some dodgy american murderer that knocked some people out using coke, she very slightly opened the bottles slightly, put some substance in and pushed them back to make them look unopened.