Photo

Win8 Charm Bar Share - I get it, just untapped ...

win8

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 OP MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack/Core i7 4790K/16GB DDR3 1600/Samsung 840 Pro 128GB x 2 - Raid 0/Transcend M.2 256GB/ASRock Z97E-ITXac/GTX 760
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 16 March 2013 - 00:37

How dare you criticise Microsoft, the way YOU work is wrong, not Windows 8.
Windows 8 is perfect OS handed down by god himself.

there are no bugs no flaws, its perfect for multitasking, its designed exclusively for keyboard and mouse users.(/sarcasm)

I think both extreme views are coming close to the middle now as reality sets in and lackluster sales are irrefutable. Microsoft's growing chatter about Windows Blue/9 and Windows Phone 9 appears to be as much concessions as we'll get that they know they dropped several balls.

Now is a good time to praise what is good, and constructively criticize what is bad, broke, or simply missing.

#17 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:50

I didn't say it doesn't have any apps, just no meaty ones, which his subjective. You've got 2 or 3 share with Twitter apps (I tweet but not enough to use applets, not even one, but many do I suppose.), three note taking apps, though OneNote is king but the desktop version has this and works with Win32 apps, Wikipedia and the in much need of fixin' Mail app, which sharing isn't enough for me to use.

For this thing to take off on more than a tablet, Modern UI needs meaningful (subjective) apps, that lots of people will see the value in. Unfortunately, those don't exist right now. The current Office/Outlook is Win32 :/

I suppose the real problem comes down to lack of meaningful Modern UI apps and such a usable feature doesn't work with Win32 so few ever see the value In it. You and I makes two of us ...

Yeah, those Twitter apps have all gone away though since downloading the official app.

The major missing apps are Facebook, and Skype (Why the **** does that not have a share option?!)

How dare you criticise Microsoft, the way YOU work is wrong, not Windows 8.
Windows 8 is perfect OS handed down by god himself.

there are no bugs no flaws, its perfect for multitasking, its designed exclusively for keyboard and mouse users.

(/sarcasm)

There is nothing wrong with my mouse OR keyboard, and I have been using various builds of Windows 8 for over a year now. Drop the FUD. ;)