Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 posts in this topic

Posted

My friend who plays Guild Wars 2 has horrifying spikes of lag quite often, the weird thing is it seems to be account specific. I took my.laptop around to his place to see if it was his network, I experienced no lag on my machine playing my account. He logged into my laptop on his account and the lag returned. I logged into his PC on my account and the lag disappeared. We tried the same in my place on my network and its the same.

Posted

All graphics settings are the same on both accounts? I have only one account, so I can't test that. But maybe some settings in his account that actually cause the lag.

Posted

Are you both on the same home server(/world)? If not perhaps his server is having an issue at the moment.

Posted

We're both on the same server, and on each computer the graphical settings don't change when each account signs in. The lag only occurs on his account though, not when I'm signed in.

Posted

Were you both playing in the same zones?

GW2 is having major issues in some zones at primetime in the EU at the moment. What normally happens is that a place like Queensdale will be unplayable, but somewhere else like Cursed Shore will be perfectly playable, or vice versa.