• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 McKay

McKay

Grossly Incandescent.

• 5,264 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3

Posted 16 March 2013 - 22:26

My friend who plays Guild Wars 2 has horrifying spikes of lag quite often, the weird thing is it seems to be account specific. I took my.laptop around to his place to see if it was his network, I experienced no lag on my machine playing my account. He logged into my laptop on his account and the lag returned. I logged into his PC on my account and the lag disappeared. We tried the same in my place on my network and its the same.

#2 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

• 1,227 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 22:44

All graphics settings are the same on both accounts? I have only one account, so I can't test that. But maybe some settings in his account that actually cause the lag.

#3 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• 3,152 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 16 March 2013 - 22:59

Are you both on the same home server(/world)? If not perhaps his server is having an issue at the moment.

#4 OP McKay

McKay

Grossly Incandescent.

• 5,264 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:27

We're both on the same server, and on each computer the graphical settings don't change when each account signs in. The lag only occurs on his account though, not when I'm signed in.

#5 Wakers

Wakers

Neowinian Senior

• 1,848 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 17:40

Were you both playing in the same zones?

GW2 is having major issues in some zones at primetime in the EU at the moment. What normally happens is that a place like Queensdale will be unplayable, but somewhere else like Cursed Shore will be perfectly playable, or vice versa.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!