(Unofficial) SimCity Offline mode available

NeoGaf member zomgbbqftw posted a very simple how-to on the board detailing how you remove the timer to play offline. Here is the code:

kNoRepeatNetworkAlertSeconds : 15,

kNetDownForceQuitAfterMinutes : 20,

Remove the line and you can play offline. That's it.

Details and step-by-step instructions can be found @ link(s). Local saving currently not available.

Source

Either way great news considering EA, or SimCity devs, one of the two said it was impossible to get SimCity to run offline - clearly bull**** and a challenge to the modding community; a bad idea imo lol

Online only is BS. I'm going away on the weekend where I will have no Internet or mobile access. Can't play. Useless.

But I read somewhere that even saves are stored locally and synced periodically.

So total offline should be possible soon.

LOL great news!

And all these ways go against how the game was designed - which you knew when you bought it (or should have).

So tell me again - in what way did Maxis or EA lie, if you are having to mod/hack to get something you CLAIM is supported by the game from the jump?

• Like 1

theres nothing wrong of modding your game files that under your control, until the EULA said the otherwise,

then you're would be criminals, don't you loves the labeling power of the LAW ?

And all these ways go against how the game was designed - which you knew when you bought it (or should have).

So tell me again - in what way did Maxis or EA lie, if you are having to mod/hack to get something you CLAIM is supported by the game from the jump?

There are people that buy games and play them with cracks, trainers, mods and hacks for various reasons. As long as those things don't affect others, it shouldn't be an issue. Why is this an issue to you?

when the offline patch is perfected, then i would buy the SimCity 'online'.

All I am saying is that as much as both EA and Maxis have been saying that the game was going to require an online connection, that should have set off the alarms - if you bought the game ANYWAY, that's not the fault of either EA or Maxis - it means that you didn't do your due-dilligence; anything else is basically blaming the developer/publisher for telling the truth.

i do want the 'SimCity' part while loathing the 'online' part, but i can't really buy just one part i like, can i?

and that why i'll wait until the 'offline' patch to be perfected, before i buy the game.

There are people that buy games and play them with cracks, trainers, mods and hacks for various reasons. As long as those things don't affect others, it shouldn't be an issue. Why is this an issue to you?

It's not an issue to him he's just saying EA didn't ile about the game requiring to be online

The game needs to be online in order to play full stop

You can't say they are lying as you had to modify something in the game in order to allow this change

On the other hand they did lie as they said the game needed to be online for functionality reasons as the server does various calculations for the game - this was a lie it seems to only be used for saving and tracking

All I am saying is that as much as both EA and Maxis have been saying that the game was going to require an online connection, that should have set off the alarms - if you bought the game ANYWAY, that's not the fault of either EA or Maxis - it means that you didn't do your due-dilligence; anything else is basically blaming the developer/publisher for telling the truth.

I don't think people here purchased the game without knowing this tidbit they wanted to play the game but the online drm was annoying so this is great news for them as it will allow them to take their game offline

Sure people can pirate the game but others wish to still pay the devs for the work they put in just because their is drm doesn't mean they haven't put any effort into the game its self drm is only a small part that ruins the experience

It's not an issue to him he's just saying EA didn't ile about the game requiring to be online

I was talking about this part:

I didn't want to get into an argument about what constitutes a lie with him. I've learned how stubborn he is while talking about GPUs. He kept insisting his position was the right one even though I repeatedly gave him evidence to the contrary.

Good game, bad execution. I eagerly await my offline patch/mod/hack/crack/trainer/<who cares> so I can continue to play it without sync issues rolling back my city.

I've already bought the game but yeah offline is the ****. **** this cloud bull****. I need everything on a hard disk at all times.

Yo and I don't know if anybody else feels this way but I bought Battlefield w/ my free game token from EA and the DRM links me to a ****in website! :wacko: That is super sad.