Photo

(Unofficial) SimCity Offline mode available

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 DDStriker

DDStriker

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:05

There are people that buy games and play them with cracks, trainers, mods and hacks for various reasons. As long as those things don't affect others, it shouldn't be an issue. Why is this an issue to you?

It's not an issue to him he's just saying EA didn't ile about the game requiring to be online
The game needs to be online in order to play full stop

You can't say they are lying as you had to modify something in the game in order to allow this change

On the other hand they did lie as they said the game needed to be online for functionality reasons as the server does various calculations for the game - this was a lie it seems to only be used for saving and tracking

All I am saying is that as much as both EA and Maxis have been saying that the game was going to require an online connection, that should have set off the alarms - if you bought the game ANYWAY, that's not the fault of either EA or Maxis - it means that you didn't do your due-dilligence; anything else is basically blaming the developer/publisher for telling the truth.

I don't think people here purchased the game without knowing this tidbit they wanted to play the game but the online drm was annoying so this is great news for them as it will allow them to take their game offline
Sure people can pirate the game but others wish to still pay the devs for the work they put in just because their is drm doesn't mean they haven't put any effort into the game its self drm is only a small part that ruins the experience

#17 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:38

It's not an issue to him he's just saying EA didn't ile about the game requiring to be online

I was talking about this part:

And all these ways go against how the game was designed - which you knew when you bought it (or should have).

I didn't want to get into an argument about what constitutes a lie with him. I've learned how stubborn he is while talking about GPUs. He kept insisting his position was the right one even though I repeatedly gave him evidence to the contrary.

#18 Garnet H.

Garnet H.

astropheed

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:48

Good game, bad execution. I eagerly await my offline patch/mod/hack/crack/trainer/<who cares> so I can continue to play it without sync issues rolling back my city.

#19 suprNOVA

suprNOVA

devSquad

• Phone: Galaxy Note III

Posted 19 March 2013 - 16:02

I've already bought the game but yeah offline is the ****. **** this cloud bull****. I need everything on a hard disk at all times.

Yo and I don't know if anybody else feels this way but I bought Battlefield w/ my free game token from EA and the DRM links me to a ****in website! :wacko: That is super sad.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!