The best Windows 8 theme - It's absolutely amazing

I never use stardock programs because of DRM I just can't stand activations . Forces me to use other software

Back to the topic, great theme Boz. I'm using a little tool called WinAreo Glass along with the theme and it gives the theme a glass appearance just like in Windows 7.

Will try it out if he adds blurring and some stop/start service functionality

With light window caption - even better!

It's very nice isn't it?! It integrates nicely with native Windows functionality so you can adjust your colors however you want dark/light/dark caption text/white caption text.. it's a peach! :)

One thing I like about this theme is it's one of the first that doesn't look like total **** if you leave the ribbon enabled. Having to disable quite a large new feature in Windows 8 to use a theme is rather stupid IMO. Base would be much nicer for my needs if it didn't completely suck with the ribbon enabled.

• Like 2

I like it. It's been a while since I've bothered with skinning but it's nice to change things up every once in a while. Here's my desktop:

desktopwf.jpg

And a couple of open windows:

explorervg.jpg

dialog.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Internet Explorer leaves much to be desired. :(

But what does that have to do with this skin? :rofl:

post-420821-0-46631800-1365646597.png

Probably because MS just hardcodes IE to look like the windows 8 theme, so it breaks in any other theme.

Most themes edits the background of explorer, which also edits the background of internet explorer. By default, there is no background, which is why IE10/9 looks fine on the default theme. My theme, base also has this issue, but it's less noticeable since I tried to get the background to match IE:

problemo.png

I hope that explains why IE is messed up with so many themes ;)