David Goyer to direct "Dark Knight for 19th Century"

my2Fc.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that David Goyer has signed to direct an adaptation of Alexandre Dumas' classic revenge tale for Constantin Films. Word isd that Goyer's work on Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy and the upcoming Man Of Steel helped him land the gig, as word is that Constantin?s approach for Monte Cristo will be something like Warner Bros. take on not only their Sherlock Holmes movies, but its DC characters also, with a source telling THR that a buzz phrase for Monte Cristo is ?19th century Dark Knight.?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=75991

I liked the one movie they did about this, from the 90s iirc?

*edit* Make that from 2002.

• Like 3

All I know about Alexandre Dumas is that a character from The Shawshank Redemption named Tommy Williams pronounced his name "dumb ass."

That is my contribution to this thread.

The original-original was 1934 - directed by Rowland V. Lee, and starred Robert Donat, Elissa Landi, Louis Calhern and Sidney Blackmer. You should remember it as the film V showed Evey in V For Vendetta.

There was slso a 1998 French miniseries starting G?rard Depardieu.

I had time so I reached the 2002 movie over, still good but one thing I noticed this time compared to before is that it's short/quick paced. I think it could have easily been 20-30mins longer.