Google Babble: The One (Rumored) Chat Service to Rule Them All

Whatever it's called, get them all connected similar to the way iMessage works too (hell this is one time I wouldn't care if they copied Apple!)

Whatever it's called, get them all connected similar to the way iMessage works too (hell this is one time I wouldn't care if they copied Apple!)

This, a million times this. Imagine an iMessage type deal with Android SMS that hooks into every Android handset.

You mean when Apple's iMessage copied Blackberry's BBM? :p

You mean when Apple's iMessage copied Blackberry's BBM? :p

I liked Apples implementation more, you have to go into a BBM app separate from SMS to use it dont you? I liked that iMessage just knew the other person had an iPhone and automatically send an iMessage instead.

• Like 2

I liked Apples implementation more, you have to go into a BBM app separate from SMS to use it dont you? I liked that iMessage just knew the other person had an iPhone and automatically send an iMessage instead.

Exactly why I say copy iMessage if they have to, using "Messenger" which then connects to everything else is fine but i'd much rather it automatically knows to use SMS if no an android phone as Apple does for none iPhones.

i never noticed that they were not all together to begin with, as i have been able to just chat with other google users from any of their services that i use without any issue at all lol.

Every Blackberry has bbm installed and has for years and years. This sort of messaging is nothing new if you had used a bb like 7-8 years ago.

Every Blackberry has bbm installed and has for years and years. This sort of messaging is nothing new if you had used a bb like 7-8 years ago.

He didn't say that BlackBerry hasn't had this, he asked whether or not BBM was a separate app or is it integrated with the SMS app. Also, does BBM automatically know whether or not the other phone # is a BBM # like what the Messenger app on iOS can automatically switch to iMessage without user intervention?

He didn't say that BlackBerry hasn't had this, he asked whether or not BBM was a separate app or is it integrated with the SMS app. Also, does BBM automatically know whether or not the other phone # is a BBM # like what the Messenger app on iOS can automatically switch to iMessage without user intervention?

BBM is integrated with the hardware. Every phone has a unique pin number kind of like an icq number. And that is the pin to add other users to your list. There is no switching altho now if you change or upgrade your phone your profile goes with you. Regardless I was just pointing it out as I am not a fanboy and I have had every major phone os in the last 7 years.

BBM is integrated with the hardware. Every phone has a unique pin number kind of like an icq number. And that is the pin to add other users to your list. There is no switching altho now if you change or upgrade your phone your profile goes with you. Regardless I was just pointing it out as I am not a fanboy and I have had every major phone os in the last 7 years.

So if I wanted to use BBM, I have to find out whether or not someone has a BlackBerry, then I have to ask them to get me that PIN. Yeah, so what he was saying is that Apple did a better job of implementing iMessage.

If Google can pull Babble off and integrate it into Android, they'll have a chance to beat Apple. iMessage is great when it works the way it is suppose to.

It'll look GREAT! And work GREAT too, so everyone will use it and then a mere 387 days after it's out of beta it'll be shutdown due to 'not being used enough'...

This is good news. I'm glad to see this integration coming. Now Google just needs to make a desktop version of Android. :)

Im not saying that, when Ive seen BBM it was a separate app from SMS that you had to sign in, and ask for peoples BBM Pin. iMessage just automatically knows if the other person has an iPhone and sends them an iMessage, all from the app, no asking for an additional number, no signing into a separate app to send a message.

Hopefully this is just more about branding and unification of UI than it is moving away from XMPP. I would hate to lose the interoperability with other XMPP clients/services.