LogMeIn Alternative

Hello!

(if TL;DR, go direct to problem bellow):

Today, in our company we have remote access using VNC through VPN.

But we also use LogMeIn as a "backup", if something happens with VPN, we still can remote access other computers via internet to help users and it is really easy to use via browser.

The remote access is needed because the head office is at one city, and branch in other city (as usual).

Problem:

LogMeIn will be limited to 10 remote PCs, and we have more than 10 remote PCs.

Any good free alternative that we can use in a company with no remote PC limit? (We really can't afford to pay any extra at the moment).

PS: Yes, I know if no alternative is found there is a workaround, create more than one account at LogMeIn, put 10 in the first account, more 10 in a second account and so on...

I doubt your going to find a service like logmein that doesn't charge you for professional/commercial use. TeamViewer comes to mind, which is free for personal use. But you have to pay for what your asking.

Your VPN solution is the way to do it without having to pay for a service. Problem ones that use a system that manages the connections are going to have cost, they allow personal use to let people as a method to showcasing their system, etc. But they are in the business of making money - if your a business and want to use their system to support your business.. Then you should pay them ;)

teamviewer is great but they have a monthly time limit, which I believe is 25 hrs of use (I could be wrong here). After you reach that point teamviewer self destructs and requires you to purchase...they don't say this anywhere on their website as to the time out. Search this term "teamviewer Commercial Use Suspected" you will get some related hits.

Logmein has changed their model where they require you to purchase their logmein central product. It is a really good way to manage your clients if you have a lot of them, you can put them in groups and allow others access to those computers without having access to your entire library of computers/clients. We managed about 40 clients with about 10 computers each and it was a lot easier to deal with them in groups than a entire list of computers.

I doubt your going to find a service like logmein that doesn't charge you for professional/commercial use. TeamViewer comes to mind, which is free for personal use. But you have to pay for what your asking.

your a business and want to use their system to support your business.. Then you should pay them ;)

Yes, a good service like LogMeIn for free will be hard to find. But, I was just checking if there was any free alternative first.

teamviewer is great but they have a monthly time limit, which I believe is 25 hrs of use (I could be wrong here). After you reach that point teamviewer self destructs and requires you to purchase...they don't say this anywhere on their website as to the time out. Search this term "teamviewer Commercial Use Suspected" you will get some related hits.

Logmein has changed their model where they require you to purchase their logmein central product. It is a really good way to manage your clients if you have a lot of them, you can put them in groups and allow others access to those computers without having access to your entire library of computers/clients. We managed about 40 clients with about 10 computers each and it was a lot easier to deal with them in groups than a entire list of computers.

I think you are right, TeamViewer is good for personal use. I heard about the time limit and the commercial use is not free.

Try ammyy...

I've never heard about Ammyy. I will take a look.

Thank you very much Koshur :)

Yes I agree with Budman, LMI is excellent alternative to VPN and VNC, but if you're a business using it for business use then you should get LMI pro at least.

I use LMI Free for personal use and for friends and family computers that I support. I used to have a business and used LMI Pro for that and my clients, it was simple and cost effective,

best part is LMI gets through most software based firewalls.