"Goosebumps" Feature Film announced

HCse6.jpg

Sony Pictures is negotiating with Rob Letterman to helm Goosebumps, the feature film based on the R.L. Stine young adult fright book series. Letterman certainly seems qualified for rustling up scares for a family audience; his directing credits that include Monsters Vs Aliens, Shark Tale and Gulliver?s Travels, and his scripts include The Disappeared for Jason Bateman?s Aggregrate banner, and Paranormalists for Brian Grazer. Goosebumps will be produced by Neal H. Moritz, and Sony Pictures is making the film with Scholastic Entertainment.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/sony-pictures-scaring-up-goosebumps-director-rob-letterman-in-talks-to-helm-feature-from-r-l-stine-fright-novels/

• Like 3

http://m.deadline.com/2013/03/sony-pictures-scaring-up-goosebumps-director-rob-letterman-in-talks-to-helm-feature-from-r-l-stine-fright-novels/

EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures is negotiating with Rob Letterman to helm Goosebumps, the feature film based on the R.L. Stine young-adult fright book series. Letterman certainly seems qualified for rustling up scares for a family audience; his directing credits that include Monsters Vs Aliens, Shark Tale and Gulliver?s Travels, and his scripts include The Disappeared for Jason Bateman?s Aggregrate banner, and Paranormalists for Brian Grazer.

Goosebumps will be produced by Neal H. Moritz, and Sony Pictures is making the film with Scholastic Entertainment.

Is Goosebumps still around? I remember fondly reading these in the 90s and knew there was a tv show. I'm just surprised they're making a movie now...

Is Goosebumps still around? I remember fondly reading these in the 90s and knew there was a tv show. I'm just surprised they're making a movie now...

It's kinda had its gap of obscurity for a movie

Gees next we'll have an Animorphs movie...

This is really weird. Only last night was I thinking how much I used to enjoy reading these books to the point I was going to scour ebay to see if I could find any for a giggle...

Never finish a Fear Street book before but read quite a few Goosebumps books.

Wonder if they are just using the "Goosebumps" title, just tag a famous title onto an original story?

They already made a bunch of Goosebump movies. Read all, or most, of the books. And watch all, or most, of the movies. Will enjoy seeing this movie too. :)

Yeah Terror Tower was one of them

capture.png

Oh my god - I remember reading them back in 1992 to 1997!

Memories.