Iraq War vet pens

He escalated it?

Either way, the letter is addressed to those who sent him, isn't it. I don't think it's necessarily "politically biased"

Of course it is. Instead of us remembering him for his time served and going to war at a time when most would have likely done the opposite ; we get to remember him for his whining letter he sent to Bush and Cheney for sending him somewhere he didn't want to go... i respect our soldiers, what i don't respect are those that do exactly this... he probably signed up thinking he'd get an easy ticket to any job when he served his time and he'd reap the benefits like amazing health care coverage ,etc...

Let's say he went into Iraq, they ran right through the country, the government and economy were implemented successfully and everything was sunshine and rainbows, would he be complaining? I would love to hear what he was saying when they were sending him to Iraq. I'd bet my house that he was just as pumped as he would have been to go to Afghanistan. Things didn't go as planned and now he's bitter.

I sympathize with his injuries and the fact that he's dying from those injuries but, as many have said, he signed up for the U.S. military, not the Peace Corp. And, agree with the war in Iraq or not, choosing where you fight is not in the contract. He rolled the dice and lost.