UK ISPs start blocking KickassTorrents, H33t and Fenopy

UK ISPs Start Blocking KickassTorrents, H33T and Fenopy

BT, Virgin Media, O2 and Be There have started to block access to three of the world?s largest BitTorrent sites. The blockades were put in place following a High Court order earlier this year, which ruled that KickassTorrents, H33T and Fenopy were facilitating copyright infringement. With the sites no longer accessible, hundreds of thousands of UK BitTorrent users will be looking for a new hope, or options to bypass the filters.

KickassTorrents is currently listed among the 50 most visited websites in the UK, but this is about to change.

Starting today, several British Internet providers started blocking the popular torrent site, as well as Fenopy and H33T.

The blockades follow on from the High Court verdict last month which required six ISPs (BT, Sky, Virgin Media, O2, EE and TalkTalk) to block subscriber access to the three torrent sites. The legal action was initiated by the music industry group BPI, representing a variety of major labels.

Previously a similar order took down The Pirate Bay in most of the UK.

Source: TorrentFreak

H33T still works for me, others are dead though, but amusingly on H33Ts homepage it says if you use Operas Turbo Mode, you can access all the blocked sites, including TPB lol

Turbo mode must use a proxy

• Like 2

H33T still works for me, others are dead though, but amusingly on H33Ts homepage it says if you use Operas Turbo Mode, you can access all the blocked sites, including TPB

I tested opera portable and all sites work perfectly in turbo mode (blocked in ff though). Thanks for the tip!

• Like 2

Turbo mode must use a proxy

Turbo mode uses Operas servers to compress websites to speed up mobile browsing and slow connections, essentially you are using opera servers as a proxy.

I tested PirateBay, H33T, Fenopy and KickassTorrents - they're all blocked with Chrome but are accessible using Turbo mode in Opera. It's quite amusing as I hadn't heard of H33T, Fenopy or KickassTorrents before the news that they were blocked.

• Like 2

They aren't blocking anything though... if anything they are making it easier to access the sites and promoting torrent sites that some people probably never heard of.

I'm curious...what happens when you try to access the sites? Do you get a a different webpage? I'd love to see a screenshot.

My ISP (TalkTalk) shows this message:

SfwUyrT.png