Funeral Music

Because all of the effort which went into making the coffin, digging the grave, and transporting everything involved in putting you in the ground was carbon neutral?

You are buried in a coffin whose wood has been treated with chemicals. The inside of the casket is lined with materials which are likely synthetic and won't rot for decades. Your body has been pumped full of embalming fluid which is probably rich in chemicals which will leach into the soil.

And then of course you have to take into account everything that is going to go into making your monument.

If my family wanted to bury me, I'd want them to wrap me in a cotton shroud, (which used ot be all the rage) dig a hole somewhere in the bush/forest/jungle, whatever, bury me and plant a tree on top. Then my carcass would actually help fertilise the tree.

fancy coffins is mostly an American thing, over here we use mostly very plain coffins and don't do the whole open casket thing. it's a box you put dead people in and put in the ground, some people even opt for new cardboard bio degradable boxes. heck i believe europe has regulations on caskets having to be degradable.

fancy coffins is mostly an American thing, over here we use mostly very plain coffins and don't do the whole open casket thing. it's a box you put dead people in and put in the ground, some people even opt for new cardboard bio degradable boxes. heck i believe europe has regulations on caskets having to be degradable.

I think the whole funeral industry is pretty dodgy. Selling things to people in a state of grief and implying that the more they spend is a reflection on how much they loved the person.