26 replies to this topic

#16 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 00:19

I want this played at my funeral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

You would need it to be an open casket funeral, so when they opened it up expecting to see you, they would be rick rolled

#17 redvamp128

redvamp128

Neowinian Senior

• 3,930 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 00:25

#18 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 27,171 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 00:33

#19 Phouchg

Phouchg

has stopped responding

• 5,689 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 21:10

I want to be buried, if there is a mistake and I'm not actually dead, I would prefer to wake up in a coffin and run out of oxygen than wake up in an oven and burn to death

I don't think running out of oxygen would be preferable. I'm living with COPD my entire life and let me tell you - I'd rather burn in hell and have it be over in seconds than hours.

#20 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,195 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 22 March 2013 - 21:35

You guys actually haveto pile present at the actual cremation.... Does that include the part where all the bigger pieces of none and teeth gets manually crushed afterwards to...

#21 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,954 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 22 March 2013 - 22:10

I want to be buried, if there is a mistake and I'm not actually dead, I would prefer to wake up in a coffin and run out of oxygen than wake up in an oven and burn to death

If you wake up underground your chances of being saved are pretty much zero. You could wake up before they pop you in the burner and shout-out for help.

I'd rather be cremated then the people can do as they wish with the ashes. There is an infinite number of things of more importance you can use land for than to bury the dead.

I've never really thought about this. I'll be dead, so people can play whatever the hell makes them feel best. Why force a bunch of living people to listen to music I liked, which they might not, which I can't even hear...ya know, because I'm dead.

#22 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,195 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 22:17

if you're buried at least the remains of your body is being used to create more fertile earth. if you're cremated you're just releasing more carbon

#23 McKay

McKay

Worth the weight

• 6,027 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 6

Posted 23 March 2013 - 22:28

I can't decide.

#24 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,954 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 22:32

if you're buried at least the remains of your body is being used to create more fertile earth. if you're cremated you're just releasing more carbon

Because all of the effort which went into making the coffin, digging the grave, and transporting everything involved in putting you in the ground was carbon neutral?

You are buried in a coffin whose wood has been treated with chemicals. The inside of the casket is lined with materials which are likely synthetic and won't rot for decades. Your body has been pumped full of embalming fluid which is probably rich in chemicals which will leach into the soil.

And then of course you have to take into account everything that is going to go into making your monument.

If my family wanted to bury me, I'd want them to wrap me in a cotton shroud, (which used ot be all the rage) dig a hole somewhere in the bush/forest/jungle, whatever, bury me and plant a tree on top. Then my carcass would actually help fertilise the tree.

#25 yxz

yxz

Neowinian Senior

• 2,062 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 22:35

#26 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,195 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 23:28

Because all of the effort which went into making the coffin, digging the grave, and transporting everything involved in putting you in the ground was carbon neutral?

You are buried in a coffin whose wood has been treated with chemicals. The inside of the casket is lined with materials which are likely synthetic and won't rot for decades. Your body has been pumped full of embalming fluid which is probably rich in chemicals which will leach into the soil.

And then of course you have to take into account everything that is going to go into making your monument.

If my family wanted to bury me, I'd want them to wrap me in a cotton shroud, (which used ot be all the rage) dig a hole somewhere in the bush/forest/jungle, whatever, bury me and plant a tree on top. Then my carcass would actually help fertilise the tree.

fancy coffins is mostly an American thing, over here we use mostly very plain coffins and don't do the whole open casket thing. it's a box you put dead people in and put in the ground, some people even opt for new cardboard bio degradable boxes. heck i believe europe has regulations on caskets having to be degradable.

#27 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,954 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 23:33

fancy coffins is mostly an American thing, over here we use mostly very plain coffins and don't do the whole open casket thing. it's a box you put dead people in and put in the ground, some people even opt for new cardboard bio degradable boxes. heck i believe europe has regulations on caskets having to be degradable.

I think the whole funeral industry is pretty dodgy. Selling things to people in a state of grief and implying that the more they spend is a reflection on how much they loved the person.