5 replies to this topic

#1 StandingInAlley

StandingInAlley

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:02

Hi!

I'm looking to pick a new phone hopefully Lumia 920. I have a question with respect to WP8.

My understanding is that once all my contacts are added, they are placed in the people hub. I will be adding my facebook account and twitter too. My question is that once I add Fb and Twitter account, will all my contacts from both these networks be added along with my other contacts on the people hub? I'm asking because I have about 600+ friends on Facebook and I don't want all of them to be available on the people hub as there are so many of them whom I don't care about or haven't spoken to them in a while.

How does the integration work?

Thanks

#2 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:27

You can choose which accounts populate the People hub. For instance, you could include Facebook contacts and exclude Twitter contacts if you want.

#3 OP StandingInAlley

StandingInAlley

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:42

Can my contacts on the phone merge with their facebook accounts? I was hoping thats how it would work like Haxsync on Android does :s

#4 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:01

Can my contacts on the phone merge with their facebook accounts? I was hoping thats how it would work like Haxsync on Android does :s

Yep, that's possible too - it's called linking. For instance, I have contacts from an Exchange account, Hotmail, Skype, etc. and have linked the duplicates together so they only appear once in the People Hub.

#5 OP StandingInAlley

StandingInAlley

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 March 2013 - 18:15

Thanks man! Ordered Lumia 920 Black in color :D

#6 M_Lyons10

M_Lyons10

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 May 2013 - 20:31

Also, you can set it to only show Facebook contacts that are on your phone. That's what I did.

So I entered my contacts in and then linked them and all of the people on Facebook that I will NEVER call just don't show up.