45 posts in this topic

Posted

Everything taken too much is bad for you, too much water will wash away essential nutrients from your body, Oxygen is actually poisonous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

flouride is the problem, not really the tea.

I might use 7 teabags for a gallon of good stuff, and distilled water. :p

distilled water isn't good for consumption either since it lacks minerals that are found in good drinking water(not city/tap water). what happens with distilled water is that it will take minerals from away from your body rather than putting minerals in your body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Teeth deformities? What do you mean? Fluoride is put into the water to prevent tooth decay. Water fluoridation is pretty closely monitored and maintained, at least where I am from. I haven't heard any of ill effects because of it.

*takes sip of fluoridated tap water*

I don't know about how often they test your municipal water for acceptable levels of anything foreign to water (fluoride, Chlorine(by-products of chlorine) and other toxic chemicals. In the U.S municipalities The FDA requires them to only have to test drinking water once a month. Thats why i stay away from consuming tap water. Bottled water companies have to test daily and their acceptable levels are significantly less than city water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I don't know about how often they test your municipal water for acceptable levels of anything foreign to water (fluoride, Chlorine(by-products of chlorine) and other toxic chemicals. In the U.S municipalities The FDA requires them to only have to test drinking water once a month. Thats why i stay away from consuming tap water. Bottled water companies have to test daily and their acceptable levels are significantly less than city water.

I just filter my water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I don't know about how often they test your municipal water for acceptable levels of anything foreign to water (fluoride, Chlorine(by-products of chlorine) and other toxic chemicals. In the U.S municipalities The FDA requires them to only have to test drinking water once a month. Thats why i stay away from consuming tap water. Bottled water companies have to test daily and their acceptable levels are significantly less than city water.

Once a month might be entirely sufficient. If you are already closely monitoring and regulating amounts testing more regularly might not be useful.

You're welcome to pay for bottled water, but frankly I think it is financially wasteful and environmentally harmful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

the flouride they put in our water is a toxic chemical used in Aluminum manufacturing and is toxic. we buy alot from China

http://www.fluoridea...cles/absurdity/

man, wait till you hear about dihydrogen monoxide, it's used in everything from industrial acid to biological weapons research. Thousands of people die from it every year, but virtually every company uses it as an ingredient in food products, and it's not even declared on the ingredients sheet! In fact, we're using so much of this stuff that there's a global shortage!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Damn dihydrogen monoxide! When will we ever learn? That **** is about as dangerous as it gets!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

100 tea bags worth of it per day, though, totally different story xD

Good thing most normal people never approach anywhere near that level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Eat and drink stuff in moderation! It's like that Nugget girl or Coke drinker, seriously, what is wrong with people?!

Damn dihydrogen monoxide! When will we ever learn? That **** is about as dangerous as it gets!

Relevant :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

anything in excess is bad for you, except for sex :shifty:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

You overdose something and it's bad for your body?

WOW! I couldn't figure that out all by myself!!

anything in excess is bad for you, except for sex :shifty:

Well, sex too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

If loads of tea is bad for you, I should have been dead around 1975.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Eat and drink stuff in moderation! It's like that Nugget girl or Coke drinker, seriously, what is wrong with people?!

Relevant :p

Ban dihydrogen monoxide now! Save the children! Protect the women! Shield the weak! Comfort the old!

Down with dihydrogen monoxide!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Everything in excess is too bad for you. When I was in Afghanistan I saw a guy get hospitalized for drinking too much Water, it flushed all the nutrients out of his body, which is why I always had a can of Coke after every litre of water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

250 ml * 100 = 25 liters

what? Lies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Everything in excess is too bad for you. When I was in Afghanistan I saw a guy get hospitalized for drinking too much Water, it flushed all the nutrients out of his body, which is why I always had a can of Coke after every litre of water.

Because Coke is full of nutrients? :s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Because Coke is full of nutrients? :s

Full of various crap, sugars and salts the body does need. Yes and stuff that it doesn't, but I never went to hospital :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Next time I have a hangover I'll pass on the Berocca (IDK if you guys have that in the US/Canada/UK http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berocca) and down a coke, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

anything excess is bad for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Even people posting that bleedingly obvious comment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.