michigan spinal vertebrae skeletal fluorosis endocrinology

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• 9,596 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 16:58

the flouride they put in our water is a toxic chemical used in Aluminum manufacturing and is toxic. we buy alot from China

http://www.fluoridea...cles/absurdity/

Calcium is toxic. Exposure and uptake can result in kidney stones and kidney failure. Sodium is toxic. Uptake can lead to hypertension and heart failure. These compounds are found in milk and table salt. The reality that you refuse to apply on a consistent basis is that all materials are hazardous when taken up by the body over a certain concentration. Fluoride is innocuous at the levels applied in drinking water.

Oh - and for everyone that isn't getting it from this article, tea leaves are a source of fluoride - _the_ primary source of fluoride for the case described here. You can use distilled water to prep the tea leaves, and the fluoride from the leaves will leach out.

#17 compl3x

compl3x

✮؛✮؛✮؛✮؛✮

• 7,234 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 22 March 2013 - 16:58

It's debated. A lot of countries in Europe don't fluoridate their water and their tooth decay rates have gone down at almost the same amount as America's (who does fluoridate their water) has.

Studies have been done over and over again concerning water fluoridation and the the evidence is overwhelmingly on the side of pro-fluoridation. It is cheap and it is effective. The rates in countries in Europe who don't add fluoride to the water are acceptable is because of fluoridated salt. So fluoride is still in the equation, just in a different way.

the flouride they put in our water is a toxic chemical used in Aluminum manufacturing and is toxic. we buy alot from China

http://www.fluoridea...cles/absurdity/

Posted Image

We aren't eating bags of fluoride. The quantities used for water fluoridation are small.

Chlorine is also added to water in some places to make it fit for human consumption, but you don't want to breathe in chlorine gas.

#18 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,471 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 17:02

It's really more effective when topically applied, though, not for ingesting. The benefits of it being in the water have to do with it coming into contact with your teeth. Actually consuming it isn't that great for you, but it's generally in small enough quantities to where your body can detox faster than it builds up. 100 tea bags worth of it per day, though, totally different story xD

#19 compl3x

compl3x

✮؛✮؛✮؛✮؛✮

• 7,234 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 17:05

It's really more effective when topically applied, though, not for ingesting. The benefits of it being in the water have to do with it coming into contact with your teeth. Actually consuming it isn't that great for you, but it's generally in small enough quantities to where your body can detox faster than it builds up. 100 tea bags worth of it per day, though, totally different story xD

The problem is people who oppose fluoride usually oppose it in all its forms. As far as they are concerned there is no "safe way" to use it.

It can't harm you in small quantities. People should be far more concerned with how much salt or sugar they consume.

#20 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• 9,295 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 22 March 2013 - 17:14

Studies have been done over and over again concerning water fluoridation and the the evidence is overwhelmingly on the side of pro-fluoridation. It is cheap and it is effective. The rates in countries in Europe who don't add fluoride to the water are acceptable is because of fluoridated salt. So fluoride is still in the equation, just in a different way.

You also have fluoridated toothpaste. I never said it was unsafe, just that it's effectiveness is disputed.

#21 compl3x

compl3x

✮؛✮؛✮؛✮؛✮

• 7,234 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 19:35

You also have fluoridated toothpaste. I never said it was unsafe, just that it's effectiveness is disputed.

I never said you claimed it was unsafe. You claim its effectiveness is disputed. It isn't. At least not by credible scientists and reliable, comprehensive data.

#22 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 60,822 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:07

Sodium is toxic. Uptake can lead to hypertension and heart failure. These compounds are found in milk and table salt.

Organic sodium is needed for healthy blood and nerve function.

Sodium is the major positive ion (cation) in fluid outside of cells. The chemical notation for sodium is Na+. When combined with chloride, the resulting substance is table salt. Excess sodium (such as that obtained from dietary sources) is excreted in the urine. Sodium regulates the total amount of water in the body and the transmission of sodium into and out of individual cells also plays a role in critical body functions. Many processes in the body, especially in the brain, nervous system, and muscles, require electrical signals for communication. The movement of sodium is critical in generation of these electrical signals. Too much or too little sodium therefore can cause cells to malfunction, and extremes in the blood sodium levels (too much or too little) can be fatal.

Increased sodium (hypernatremia) in the blood occurs whenever there is excess sodium in relation to water. There are numerous causes of hypernatremia; these may include kidney disease, too little water intake, and loss of water due to diarrhea and/or vomiting.
A decreased concentration of sodium (hyponatremia) occurs whenever there is a relative increase in the amount of body water relative to sodium. This happens with some diseases of the liver and kidney, in patients with congestive heart failure, in burn victims, and in numerous other conditions.

A Normal blood sodium level is 135 - 145 milliEquivalents/liter (mEq/L), or in international units, 135 - 145 millimoles/liter (mmol/L).

#23 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 7,824 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:10

Do they still put fluoride in the water in the UK?

No, just horse meat.

#24 compl3x

compl3x

✮؛✮؛✮؛✮؛✮

• 7,234 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 13:06

Organic sodium is needed for healthy blood and nerve function.

Sodium is the major positive ion (cation) in fluid outside of cells. The chemical notation for sodium is Na+. When combined with chloride, the resulting substance is table salt. Excess sodium (such as that obtained from dietary sources) is excreted in the urine. Sodium regulates the total amount of water in the body and the transmission of sodium into and out of individual cells also plays a role in critical body functions. Many processes in the body, especially in the brain, nervous system, and muscles, require electrical signals for communication. The movement of sodium is critical in generation of these electrical signals. Too much or too little sodium therefore can cause cells to malfunction, and extremes in the blood sodium levels (too much or too little) can be fatal.

Increased sodium (hypernatremia) in the blood occurs whenever there is excess sodium in relation to water. There are numerous causes of hypernatremia; these may include kidney disease, too little water intake, and loss of water due to diarrhea and/or vomiting.
A decreased concentration of sodium (hyponatremia) occurs whenever there is a relative increase in the amount of body water relative to sodium. This happens with some diseases of the liver and kidney, in patients with congestive heart failure, in burn victims, and in numerous other conditions.

A Normal blood sodium level is 135 - 145 milliEquivalents/liter (mEq/L), or in international units, 135 - 145 millimoles/liter (mmol/L).

He meant excessive sodium is toxic. But way to go for copying and pasting all that.

#25 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:30

Some people are just eat up with stupid.

#26 McKay

McKay

Grossly Incandescent.

• 5,269 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:09

Everything taken too much is bad for you, too much water will wash away essential nutrients from your body, Oxygen is actually poisonous.

#27 +CrossCheck

CrossCheck

i am a retarded disfigured clown

• 683 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:45

flouride is the problem, not really the tea.

I might use 7 teabags for a gallon of good stuff, and distilled water. :p

distilled water isn't good for consumption either since it lacks minerals that are found in good drinking water(not city/tap water). what happens with distilled water is that it will take minerals from away from your body rather than putting minerals in your body.

#28 +CrossCheck

CrossCheck

i am a retarded disfigured clown

• 683 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:00

Teeth deformities? What do you mean? Fluoride is put into the water to prevent tooth decay. Water fluoridation is pretty closely monitored and maintained, at least where I am from. I haven't heard any of ill effects because of it.

*takes sip of fluoridated tap water*

I don't know about how often they test your municipal water for acceptable levels of anything foreign to water (fluoride, Chlorine(by-products of chlorine) and other toxic chemicals. In the U.S municipalities The FDA requires them to only have to test drinking water once a month. Thats why i stay away from consuming tap water. Bottled water companies have to test daily and their acceptable levels are significantly less than city water.

#29 Solid Knight

Solid Knight

Neowinian Senior

• 5,139 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:33

I don't know about how often they test your municipal water for acceptable levels of anything foreign to water (fluoride, Chlorine(by-products of chlorine) and other toxic chemicals. In the U.S municipalities The FDA requires them to only have to test drinking water once a month. Thats why i stay away from consuming tap water. Bottled water companies have to test daily and their acceptable levels are significantly less than city water.

I just filter my water.

#30 compl3x

compl3x

✮؛✮؛✮؛✮؛✮

• 7,234 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 14:21

Once a month might be entirely sufficient. If you are already closely monitoring and regulating amounts testing more regularly might not be useful.

You're welcome to pay for bottled water, but frankly I think it is financially wasteful and environmentally harmful.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!