Falling Skies renewed for Season 3

Get ready for another ten episodes of Falling Skies, as it?s announced that season three has been ordered?

At a time when new sci-fi and genre series are struggling a little to even get past a first season, one of the quiet successes has been Falling Skies. Okay, maybe not that quiet ? this is a Steven Spielberg-backed project after all ? yet it?s still a show whose future at one point appeared a little cloudy.

It turns out, though, that Falling Skies is surviving where others have failed. And now the news has come through that, off the back of solid ratings, TNT has ordered a third season of the show.

In the US, apparently, the show is ranked as basic cable?s top summer drama with adults aged between 18 and 49, and outside of the US Falling Skies continues to earn a solid audience. As such, a ten episode season three has now been confirmed.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/falling-skies/21986/falling-skies-renewed-for-season-3

hmm.. what are peoples opinions on this show?

personally i don't think it is that great :s

Yeah I stopped watching at the end of season 1...wasn't really fussed but I can see why its a hit on the channel

I'm enjoying Falling Skies, and I'm glad that for once a show I like doesn't get cancelled and maybe we'll actually find out what is going on.

I'm still watching it in to season 2 but I also don't think it's very good. I just don't care about the characters enough to feel invested in their day to day fighting with the aliens. I might stop watching it soon.

The characters just lack any sense of depth. Something I really miss in the show are flash backwards to how normal life was for them just before the attacks. We also have no idea whatsoever what happened the day of the attack apart from the trailers and quick references. Apparently they didn't attack right away. I think that's a major reason why, as a viewer, you don't feel connected to them. Basically the only thing you see is how they're fighting to stay alive which gets boring after a while.

Man I miss the new Battlestar Galactica in this regard. :(

I'm enjoying Falling Skies, and I'm glad that for once a show I like doesn't get cancelled and maybe we'll actually find out what is going on.

My partner and I both like it. It picked up a good bit this season I thought. Not a bad show at all. :)

Season 1 was...so-so. Season 2 however is 100x times better. It's more fast paced, more action, less fluff. I'm addicted to it. Really like it.

My question is why do the aliens sound like velociraptors from Jurassic Park? I know Speilberg is producing the show, but still, they couldn't find a new sound for them.

Season 1 was...so-so. Season 2 however is 100x times better. It's more fast paced, more action, less fluff. I'm addicted to it. Really like it.

Hmm.. I'll perhaps check out s02

My question is why do the aliens sound like velociraptors from Jurassic Park? I know Speilberg is producing the show, but still, they couldn't find a new sound for them.

:rofl:

Gotta say, as a UK Sci Fi lover, this is a great little show. All story and character progression....Aliens are being used as a plot device too which is nice.

I watched the first season and honestly thought I'd read it'd been cancelled.....so when I saw 2nd season out I was well happy.....will continue to watch this I think.

Now to continue my quest to get "Flash Forward" back on the air...christ I loved that :)

I thought season 1 was pure garbage... haven't seen season 2...

It's a really good show for the summer season when there's not much else to watch. Don't know if it'd fair well in a september - may schedule on a major network, but as it is now I watch it every week.

I like the show overall but i'm getting tired of this whole Ben bit going back and forth over and over. I hope now after this newest episode we can move on to the next plot point quickly.

The only problem I have with the show is the background music. :woot: Do they really have to play music throughout the whole freaking show?

Other than that the show is alright and Season 2 is definitively better.

My daughter and I love it. Been watching it since the pilot and haven't stopped. We even bought the Season 1 DVD. :p

• 2 weeks later...

The only problem I have with the show is the background music. :woot: Do they really have to play music throughout the whole freaking show?

Yeah I mentioned that too back in Season 1.

I'm confused, I thought this didn't get great ratings when it came out? And it's being renewed for a third season when other shows get cancelled after one?

I don't think I'll ever understand the people that run network television...

Season 2 is getting great ratings. I believe it's the highest rated show on cable this summer. Season 2 has been outstanding so far, much better than Season 1.