Falling Skies renewed for Season 3

Season 2 is getting great ratings. I believe it's the highest rated show on cable this summer. Season 2 has been outstanding so far, much better than Season 1.

Not really, based on Nielsen, the show is ranked 25th on cable.

Even with the daily numbers, Skies is still fourth, behind True Blood, Break and Keeping up with the Kardashians.

[edit] But it is apparently doing great with Live+7 viewers (DVR viewers): 5.6 million viewers; 2.6 million adults 18-49; 3.0 million adults 25-54

Season 1 was so bad. I did not care to see the second season until i was at a friends who had it in and wow. They certainly realized all of the flaws in the first season. Its seriously much much better.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a good season. I really enjoyed it over season 1 :)

It's a shame the red eyed skitter died, i liked the character! Anybody got any ideas what that alien was at the end? I'm thinking they're a good alien as the fishheads were trying to shoot them down with that giant lazer gun?

It's a shame the red eyed skitter died, i liked the character! Anybody got any ideas what that alien was at the end? I'm thinking they're a good alien as the fishheads were trying to shoot them down with that giant lazer gun?

That's the impression they gave.

What an ending!

The timing of their appearance after the destruction of the weapon suggests that they're enemies of the Espheni (overlord aliens). What's interesting is the armoured alien's facial expression. After his visor retracted, it looked like he smiled. I don't think it was an expression of joy, but one of relief. I don't think the armoured alien and his comrades expected to find any human survivors.

I don't know their intentions but I hope they arrived to help humanity. Maybe they're part of an intergalactic police force or an alliance that opposes the Espeni. It'll be interesting to see how the story progresses in season 3. I hope it's darker than season 2 and full of surprises.

creature design is quite cool and original for this show! I think they have a very unique and creative alien story, but they need to lessen down the whole history teacher, family/son bonding crap. This is why Terranova was crap too including the bad dialogue. Also the whole military/army patronizing is boring. The dialogue gets stale sometimes too, but there aren't many good sci-fi shows left on tv. There's fringe and that'll be over soon!

Oh man.. what a finale!

The new type of aliens I really hope it's support for the humans. Maybe once the Skitters learned that their Redeye leader was dead, they send some sort of message to someone for the massive alien drop. Or could the Redeye leader be controlled by the new type of Alien to make a resistance force on Earth? And once they know that he died, they send their troops in? Oh man.. I can't wait for Season 3.

I dunno how it's going to go down but one thing is for sure, season 3 is going to be crazy and should also up the action more.

• 2 weeks later...

Love Falling Skies... as one of the few Sci-Fi genre shows left on TV (after the demise of Sanctuary, Stargate, A Town Called Eureka, etc), I find it really enjoyable. I really liked Terra Nova too and would loved to have seen where that went, but alas it was too expensive for the ratings it got (which weren't actually bad).

Hell of a cliff hanger! Thank god that it's coming back.

Indeed! Are they good guys here to help, or bad guys here to attack us too? If they're bad, are they friends or enemies to the aliens already here? Can't wait to find out

Personally, I hope they turn out to be allies so the war evens out a little bit and we can see a bit more action :)

• 6 months later...

"Falling Skies" fans have been waiting eagerly for news of the season 3 premiere date, and on Thursday, March 21, TNT finally announced it: June 9.

Yes, "Falling Skies" returns June 9 at 9 p.m., with its regular time slot Sundays at 10 p.m. When season 2 ended, the 2nd Mass was facing a new alien in the finale's final moments, while other shockers of the episode included Hal's eye bug, Dai's death, and Anne's pregnancy. And with season 3, it'll be time to see what happens next. That includes some new faces, including Doug Jones, Gloria Reuben, Robert Sean Leonard, and Stephen Collins.

Jones will be playing that new alien, about which there are numerous questions. Is this alien friend or foe? Meanwhile, Reuben is going to be recurring as Marina Perlata, an aide to Tom Mason (Noah Wyle). Leonard is playing Roger Kadar, "The Rat King" who is "an obsessive but gifted scientist who runs the local power grid and lives underground with his pet rats." Finally, Collins is appearing as the President before the invasion. He sends out sniper teams to find survivors and is very interested in meeting Tom.

TNT has also released a video, which you can check out here, previewing the summer shows, with a glimpse at "Falling Skies" season 3. It includes Tom yelling "Can you hear me?," Weaver (Will Patton) doing some serious damage, and Tom and Anne (Moon Bloodgood) and their(?) baby. Oh, and of course, the 2nd Mass will still be fighting aliens.

"Falling Skies" season 3 premieres June 9 at 9 p.m. on TNT. What are you looking forward to seeing the most in the new season?

http://www.examiner....miere-on-june-9

Merged

Well at least there will be something to watch during the summer months (not that i'm the biggest fan :/ )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This season seems to be taking an aweful long time... I hope it's worth it. :)

I hate when they change around the release schedule for shows, I've seen some good shows get cancelled because they lost their audience in the shuffle... I hope that doesn't happen here.

• 2 weeks later...

falling-skies-gets-a-new-showrunner.jpg

'Falling Skies' gets a new showrunner

Deadline is exclusively reporting that former 'Battlestar Galactica' executive producer David Eick is joining TNT's sci-fi series 'Falling Skies' as new showrunner and executive producer.

Remi Aubuchon, who served as showrunner on 'Falling Skies' for the first two seasons, is departing the project. Executive produced by Steven Spielberg (yes, that Steven Spielberg), 'Falling Skies' began six months after the planet had been devestated by an alien invasion. Starring Noah Wyle ('ER') as EickTom Mason, 'Falling Skies' follows a group of humans determined to fight back against the alien invaders, forming a resistance movement.

On June 9, 'Falling Skies' returns with a third season on TNT. Although Aubuchon already saw to the production of much of the upcoming season, bringing in a talent like Eick is still a necessity as it seems all but certain that 'Falling Skies' will be renewed for a fourth season after this one. The show is TNT?s #1 scripted series in the younger demographics.

Eick is expected to work closely with the writing team, getting a head start on the fourth season. Given the immense set construction and post-production effects necessary for such a sprawling epic science fiction series, 'Falling Skies' writers often work well in advance of shooting schedules in order to give various people the time needed to bring their scripts to life on screen.

Beyond 'Battlestar Galactica,' Eick also produced 'Caprica' and the recently cancelled series 'Touch.'

http://www.tvrage.com/news/6681/falling-skies-gets-a-new-showrunner