Microsoft Gives 1600 Free MS Points To Those Affected By Data Leak

Just received this e-mail from Microsoft giving me a code to redeem 1600 MS points due to the data leak with the Xbox Entertainment Awards, just thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

Hello,

Thank you for supporting and voting in the Xbox Entertainment Awards.

Unfortunately, I'm writing today to share information about a technical error we experienced on Tuesday 19th March with the Xbox Entertainment Awards voting app available on our UK Facebook page. The voting app inadvertently disclosed a limited amount of participants' personal data for a brief time to a non-public web page. We took immediate steps to remove the application from its UK Facebook page and sincerely apologise for the error.

The information available for that brief time was generated from the prize draw form you filled in and was limited to your name, email address, Gamertag and date of birth. No other information was recorded or available. The information disclosed cannot be used to directly compromise your Microsoft Account. However, to ensure that you have the appropriate security in place on your Microsoft Account we highly recommend you visit www.xbox.com/security. If you have not already done so, use the information there to set a strong password on the Microsoft Account and to add or update additional security information. Further information can be located at Microsoft's Safety & Security Centre at www.microsoft.com/security.

We have removed the "Xbox LIVE Awards Programme Competition" element of the Xbox Entertainment Awards and have closed this Facebook prize promotion. To apologise for any inconvenience this technical issue and the withdrawal of the Xbox LIVE Awards Programme Competition may have caused we are, as a gesture of goodwill, providing you with 1600 Microsoft Points which can be redeemed for TV shows, movies and games to enjoy on your Xbox 360 console, tablet or PC.* For redemption instructions, please sign in to your Microsoft Account on www.xbox.com/live and click on My Account, then Redeem Code.

Your Token Code (Expiry date: 30th June 2013): (Code goes here)

If you are an Xbox LIVE customer and have any queries please visithttp://support.xbox.com for further information on account security.

Many thanks,

The Xbox Entertainment Awards team

Awww I want to be at risk... :/

I'm not too fussed because I set up two step security so unless they have my phone they can't access my account on a new device so really I went from having no chance of winning anything from the prize draw to getting a free game :p