Leaked images point to Galaxy S4 mini

2m6Pk_large_verge_medium_landscape.png

With the Galaxy S4's launch on the horizon, Samsung may be prepping another phone ? this one a successor to the Galaxy S III mini. Leaked images posted at SamMobile appear to show a phone with the same design language as the Galaxy S4 but a smaller form factor, just as the original mini was a copy of the Galaxy S III. Its model number is shown as GT-I9190, compared to the S III mini's GT-I8190. SamMobile says the device has a 4.3-inch screen, compared to the 5-inch screen of the Galaxy S4 or the 4-inch screen of the S III mini. 4.3 inches was once enough for Samsung's flagship Galaxy S II, and there's still obviously demand for phones with smaller screens than the S4.

Unfortunately, if this leak is correct, Samsung is once again downsizing the phone's specs along with its screen size. The phone apparently runs Android 4.2 with TouchWiz skin like the S4, but its Super AMOLED screen is said to have 256ppi pixel density, compared to the S4's 441ppi. It's also said to come with a more modest 1.6GHz dual-core processor instead of the American S4's 1.9GHz quad-core Snapdragon one, though we don't have any information beyond that. If this is real, this means more mid-range buyers can get the design of the S4 ? but also that people looking for both a smaller screen and the S4's cutting-edge internals are still out of luck.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/22/4136820/leaked-images-show-galaxy-s4-mini-with-more-modest-specs

almost looks exactly like the GS3 mini either way i would not see why they wouldnt want to make a mini (cheaper) model so that they could get more people into the new devices.