official pc ps3 x360

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,238 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:59

(I have no idea what to do with these 'tags' so there you go.)

http://www.defiance.com/en/

The last beta is on now. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned at all...

It's a pretty decent game. I have my doubts if the show will be all that hot, though.

#2 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• 11,384 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 930

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:27

Im more doubtful of the game than of the show.

Seems to be getting mixed reviews. Not sure if you can still enter the beta once its started but there were a bucketload of keys out there.

edit: reviews in the sense of feedback from beta testers.

#3 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,238 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:32

I admit I haven't gotten all that far in it but I've got nothing to complain about. I skipped beta 2, beta 1 was pretty bugtastic.

(I mean, there is the lack of DX11 renderer if you know me, but sigh. PS4s almost out, I can let it pass.)

#4 +metal_dragen

metal_dragen

Neowinian Senior

• 2,269 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:06

The game itself holds no real interest to me, but I like the concept of the TV show based on the couple articles the Penny Arcade Report did on it.

I may give the game a whirl too, but it's not really my thing.

#5 Teebor

Teebor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,649 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:09

It can't be worse than the last time someone tried to a do a TV - Game tie in. iirc it was on the BBC and basically involved creating an Avatar to complete assault courses and level up and then finally the "best" met on the TV show to fight it out

I can't remember what it was called though

#6 margrave

margrave

Neowinian

• 645 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:29

I like the game a lot. It got me interested in the show. It's kind of like a borderlands online to me. Very fun.

#7 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,238 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 19:59

Nice. I'd like to see a lot more than the intro to get a real feel for it but it's a very promising start. (I tend to take my online games relatively slowly so don't expect too much heh.)

I like how when I first logged in it said I was in a queue with an expecting wait time of 29 minutes, then thirty seconds or so later I was in :p minutes, huh :laugh:

#8 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,238 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 00:26

The music gets a bit old...next time will have to fire up my own.

#9 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,238 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 14:10

Roads? How boring!
Posted Imagehehehe

#10 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,263 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 14:22

I assume that is a small glitch? Or a really really big jump!

#11 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,238 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 14:42

I like driving up hills! It's like the fun part of Auto Assault without all the really bad parts!

#12 Slane

Slane

Neowinian Senior

• 3,280 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 00:06

Game is great fun. Playing on PC (Madslane). Didn't play any betas and was an impulse buy. So I'm still testing the waters to say.

Other than the UI being a annoying to learn and a lack of customization, that I've grown accustomed to on PC, I have no issues. Wish the tutorial provided a bit more depth on the different currencies (maybe I'm just not far enough in Mount Tram) and a fairly basic introduction to the salvage matrix and chat is horrendous.

But gameplay wise, it's great. Wish side missions were a bit more detailed when compared to main missions or episodic ones. But the Hotspots and Time trials and Arkfalls make up for it.

#13 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,238 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:49

Yeah finding the weapon modding bit and what could be modded was kind of annoying, other than that I haven't noticed anything terribly weird.

Damn those Monarchs are :| :angry: :shiftyninja: :shifty:

#14 cryptonym

cryptonym

Neowinian

• 24 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:15

I'm thinking about buying it. I like MMOFPS like Planetside 2 - does it have similar climate?

#15 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,925 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:59

I'm thinking about buying it. I like MMOFPS like Planetside 2 - does it have similar climate?

No, not at all. By climate, I assume you mean massive scale battles with like 500 vs 500 players with vehicles and shooty lasers everywhere. No, Defiance does have "massive" battles but it's all coop (unless you play PvP but that's much smaller scale, like 8v8) focused to take out the ArkFalls and bug bugs. There are also vehicles, but except for your OWN vehicle that you get to move around faster, there are no tanks or flying vehicles etc. Not that I've seen so far yet (Ego lvl 78 btw, whatever that means lol)

And yeah, I'm liking the game so far. It's obviously not a finished product sadly, but the combat is fun and feels pretty damn good to me. I like the voice work (for most of the characters that is) and the story while kinda cliche seems decent enough. I am looking forward to how they connect the game and tv show, though I'm gonna guess it's just a periphery type thing.