Im more doubtful of the game than of the show.

Seems to be getting mixed reviews. Not sure if you can still enter the beta once its started but there were a bucketload of keys out there.

edit: reviews in the sense of feedback from beta testers.

I admit I haven't gotten all that far in it but I've got nothing to complain about. I skipped beta 2, beta 1 was pretty bugtastic.

(I mean, there is the lack of DX11 renderer if you know me, but sigh. PS4s almost out, I can let it pass.)

The game itself holds no real interest to me, but I like the concept of the TV show based on the couple articles the Penny Arcade Report did on it.

I may give the game a whirl too, but it's not really my thing.

It can't be worse than the last time someone tried to a do a TV - Game tie in. iirc it was on the BBC and basically involved creating an Avatar to complete assault courses and level up and then finally the "best" met on the TV show to fight it out

I can't remember what it was called though

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. I'd like to see a lot more than the intro to get a real feel for it but it's a very promising start. (I tend to take my online games relatively slowly so don't expect too much heh.)

I like how when I first logged in it said I was in a queue with an expecting wait time of 29 minutes, then thirty seconds or so later I was in :p minutes, huh :laugh:

Game is great fun. Playing on PC (Madslane). Didn't play any betas and was an impulse buy. So I'm still testing the waters to say.

Other than the UI being a annoying to learn and a lack of customization, that I've grown accustomed to on PC, I have no issues. Wish the tutorial provided a bit more depth on the different currencies (maybe I'm just not far enough in Mount Tram) and a fairly basic introduction to the salvage matrix and chat is horrendous.

But gameplay wise, it's great. Wish side missions were a bit more detailed when compared to main missions or episodic ones. But the Hotspots and Time trials and Arkfalls make up for it.

Yeah finding the weapon modding bit and what could be modded was kind of annoying, other than that I haven't noticed anything terribly weird.

Damn those Monarchs are :| :angry: :shiftyninja: :shifty:

I'm thinking about buying it. I like MMOFPS like Planetside 2 - does it have similar climate?

No, not at all. By climate, I assume you mean massive scale battles with like 500 vs 500 players with vehicles and shooty lasers everywhere. No, Defiance does have "massive" battles but it's all coop (unless you play PvP but that's much smaller scale, like 8v8) focused to take out the ArkFalls and bug bugs. There are also vehicles, but except for your OWN vehicle that you get to move around faster, there are no tanks or flying vehicles etc. Not that I've seen so far yet (Ego lvl 78 btw, whatever that means lol)

And yeah, I'm liking the game so far. It's obviously not a finished product sadly, but the combat is fun and feels pretty damn good to me. I like the voice work (for most of the characters that is) and the story while kinda cliche seems decent enough. I am looking forward to how they connect the game and tv show, though I'm gonna guess it's just a periphery type thing.

No, not at all. By climate, I assume you mean massive scale battles with like 500 vs 500 players with vehicles and shooty lasers everywhere. No, Defiance does have "massive" battles but it's all coop (unless you play PvP but that's much smaller scale, like 8v8) focused to take out the ArkFalls and bug bugs. There are also vehicles, but except for your OWN vehicle that you get to move around faster, there are no tanks or flying vehicles etc. Not that I've seen so far yet (Ego lvl 78 btw, whatever that means lol)

And yeah, I'm liking the game so far. It's obviously not a finished product sadly, but the combat is fun and feels pretty damn good to me. I like the voice work (for most of the characters that is) and the story while kinda cliche seems decent enough. I am looking forward to how they connect the game and tv show, though I'm gonna guess it's just a periphery type thing.

I *think* every ten EGO levels are like normal ones, since you get a power upgrade every ten afaict, but it's not an exact translation.

And from what I know more episodic missions will be released after every episode of the show. I also heard the players will affect the show too, but I don't really know how.

I haven't heard the greatest things about this game thus far, and at least the initial quests are all basic "go here, stare at item while holding ("X", "E", what have you) for a few second and kill a few mobs" complete, rinse, repeat. :/

I haven't heard the greatest things about this game thus far, and at least the initial quests are all basic "go here, stare at item while holding ("X", "E", what have you) for a few second and kill a few mobs" complete, rinse, repeat. :/

It's a shooter. That's about all you can expect out of a shooter. The coop play, non quest events and storyline set it apart, and I'm definately enjoying it more than most of the stuff I've played lately.

Anyway, http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/05/theme-of-day-3-dont-do-the-same-thing-over-and-over-and-expect-different-results/

Huge client patch coming ? Client patches are very risky to deploy so we employ a more rigorous testing process before we distribute them. We can very easily revert a server patch. Depending on testing and certification, we should see that around the 15th, hopefully sooner, possibly later. It currently has 8 pages of patch notes, listing fixes and improvements.

8 pages? Yikes.

Got this game for free due to the friend I share PSN accounts with buying it on his and letting me download it :)

I'm actually enjoying this game.

The graphics are dated, there are bugs and other issues that plague it... But it is still really enjoyable. I wouldn't say this is the best of certain games, but it does borrow from a lot. It feels a lot like if Fallout 3 and Borderlands had a redheaded step child :p

But the game itself is very fluid and well done. Eager to now see the TV show because of this, and I hope that both do well.

I'm playing on PS3 and already started a clan with my friend. So if anyone plays it on there, hit me up. PSN: PeanutTown

I *think* every ten EGO levels are like normal ones, since you get a power upgrade every ten afaict, but it's not an exact translation.

And from what I know more episodic missions will be released after every episode of the show. I also heard the players will affect the show too, but I don't really know how.

Okay - silly-sounding question.

I know that one of the dangers are those Mega-Crabs found near some Arkfalls. What I'd really like to know is - is their meat *edible*?

(The question needs answering, for several reasons - the Mega-Crabs, as far as I am aware, are NOT sentient; however, they are a threat. More often than not, what is trying to eat you, IS, more likely than not, edible to some degree itself (examples: lion, most poisonous reptiles and even poisonous FISH, sharks), and, due to their sheer size, even just one MC could feed several Arkhunter parties. So why NOT have missions to hunt them as a food source?)

Okay - silly-sounding question.

I know that one of the dangers are those Mega-Crabs found near some Arkfalls. What I'd really like to know is - is their meat *edible*?

(The question needs answering, for several reasons - the Mega-Crabs, as far as I am aware, are NOT sentient; however, they are a threat. More often than not, what is trying to eat you, IS, more likely than not, edible to some degree itself (examples: lion, most poisonous reptiles and even poisonous FISH, sharks), and, due to their sheer size, even just one MC could feed several Arkhunter parties. So why NOT have missions to hunt them as a food source?)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this question will never be answered.

But just as a guess, when you've got a thing that takes expensive weaponry to hunt and people often die in said hunts, I don't think it'd be worth the cost to use as a food source.

So you guys on the PC version, if you are on the NA server, my account name is lordloc, and my shooter dude is Cheeser, so feel free to add me to friends, invite me to coop stuff or pretty much anything.

I also made a toon on the EU server, but haven't gone past the tutorial area yet. Again, feel free to add me on there also if you are playing on that server :)

I'm putting a **** ton of time into this game. I just love the combat so far. Sure the skills kinda stink, but the guns and everything surrounding the combat is smooth and fun. Also, explosions.

So you guys on the PC version, if you are on the NA server, my account name is lordloc, and my shooter dude is Cheeser, so feel free to add me to friends, invite me to coop stuff or pretty much anything.

I also made a toon on the EU server, but haven't gone past the tutorial area yet. Again, feel free to add me on there also if you are playing on that server :)

I'm putting a **** ton of time into this game. I just love the combat so far. Sure the skills kinda stink, but the guns and everything surrounding the combat is smooth and fun. Also, explosions.

haha I'll add ya...me and my brother just started playing Warframe too if you still do that

(can't add ya unless yer online :/ )

You can log into your account at http://www.defiance.com/en/my-ego and enter the codes here for some good upgrades and other stuff: http://orcz.com/Defi...:_Arkfall_Codes

+2 INVENTORY SLOTS

UNIQUE IN-GAME TITLE: VBI RECRUIT

BONUS ARK SALVAGE

BASIC LOCK BOX

PISTOL SKILL +1

LIGHT MACHINE GUN SKILL +1

MANUAL SNIPER RIFLE SKILL +1

ASSAULT RIFLE SKILL +1

+4 INVENTORY SLOTS

PUMP SHOTGUN SKILL +1

FIRESTORM

EARLY ACCESS TO THE TMW HANNIBAL 650R

THUNDERSHOCK

?SCAVENGER? EGO PERK

UNIQUE IN-GAME TITLE: VBI OPERATIVE

haha I'll add ya...me and my brother just started playing Warframe too if you still do that

(can't add ya unless yer online :/ )

Yeah, I'm logging into Defiance right now so if you are on, you can add me then. Also, yeah I play Warframe quite alot still :) LordLOC over there just in case :D